What is the best thing to get rid of grasshoppers and bud worms

Hi I live in Florida I’m growing outdoors and I’m need some advice on what kind of pesticides I can us on my plants that will stop grasshoppers from eating them and what can I us to stop bud worms from ruining my plants any advice would really be helpful.

Yo uso insecticidas naturales contra los saltamontes: harina/aceite de neem como preventivo, yo piretrinas de crisantemo como acción puntual si la la plaga es excepcionalmente dañina. Contra las orugas, Bacillus T.

I use natural insecticides against the grasshoppers: neem flour/oil as a preventive, and chrysanthemum pyrethrins as a punctual action if the plague is exceptionally harmful. Against caterpillars, Bacillus T.

5 Likes

Thank you for the advice

Definitely listen to @MiG he know his shit inside and out. . .
I copied this from Google I didn’t want to write is all out. . .
Grasshoppers also hate the smell and taste of garlic. Make garlic water and spray on plants to repel the grasshoppers from your garden. Planting deterrent plants like calendula or cilantro around the edge of your garden can help keep them away

1 Like

And a 1% h2o2 foliar spray will rid you of caterpillars immediately but with not deter them. Use only once in a great will for immediate action

But, anybody knows if durin floration H2O2 would be able to “oxidar” to the rosin?

1 Like

@MiG tienes toda la razón me olvidé de mencionar que gracias. También pensé que si él tuviera saltamontes y orugas estaríamos lidiando con ellos antes de la flor

At mig, you are absolutely right i forgot to mention that thank you. i would also thought that if he has grasshoppers and caterpillars we would be dealing with them way before flower

@Joey420 ya man don’t spray any h2o2 on your plants durning flower unless you don’t like THC :wink:

Ok good to know thank you I have one that’s flowering and two that are in vegetation a friend of mine gave me some seeds I have no idea what type that are

4 Likes

Were the 2 still in veg planted later?

I took those pictures a couple of day’s ago I started them in the middle of April from seed thay are the same age

My uncle just brought these to me should I us them

1 Like

I’ve used gardensafe products before in emergencys i would start with that the neem oil should do great. . .don’t over do it just a good coat NO DRIPS!

And those are concentrates you need to follow the directions on that bottle to the T. . . go a little less strength if your worried

Ok good to know I will spray them tonight it just stopped raining so I will wait till thay dry will the neem oil help prevent mold cuz I’m getting a lot of rain and high humidity here in Florida

Neem oil is labeled for control of powdery mildew, rust, blackspot, botrytis, downy mildew and other diseases. Spraying every 7 to 14 days is recommended.- another Google finger save :wink:

Edit

Ok thank you so mutch this has been really helpful

1 Like

Glad to be of help :+1::call_me_hand: now let’s see you work it!

1 Like

Malathion=
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:skull: :skull_crossbones: :biohazard:
(ay caramba!)

Neem=
YES, every 3 days until 3rd week of flowering/signs of pistils

1 Like

Cierto: Malathion es un veneno para todas las clases de animales, incluidos humanos (hasta cancerígeno por inhalación y disruptor hormonal), mientras que el neem y el Bacillus T solo son perjudiciales para los insectos que comen la planta afectada…

True, @cannabissequoia : Malathion is a poison for all kinds of animals, including humans (even carcinogenic by inhalation and hormonal disruptor), while Neem and Bacillus T are only harmful to insects that eat the affected plant …

“Mine” neem’s flour or dust: