What is the highest % THC possible? 🔬

What do you guys think is the highest % of THC that Mary Jane can get up to? Including all the extra help she can get, not just wild or naturally grown.

1 Like

around 30% i think. and thats really really strong.

3 Likes

I have had one particular variety tested much higher than that, i think we discussed it once and you compared it to the likes of extracts.

As I am not in possession of any certificate of proof other than contacting those involved and witnessed it, wont go on about it but Im sure you remember the conversation about a Durban poison plant from the 100 durban seeds gifted by positronic seed bank from the 1980s clones were still alive and kicking around in the late 90s

3 Likes

Use all the space you got hahaha :wink:

1 Like

jesus manXD just in thc???

1 Like

56% (fifty six) percent tested in Holland, it was a one off competition grown plant (clone), but from a mother that produced very high thc without much difficulty if known how to grow her.

5 Likes

and like tested several times? good lab?

1 Like

It was done by some independant lab that was there at the show/festival to test everything entered. It was only entered once, I don’t know how many times they test to take the mean average, but all samples should be tested in the same methods.

It wasn’t grown to maturity or harvest, or entered by me, but the clone was made by my hand.

It was in m opinion too strong as I would compare the affects very similar to the 1st 2 hours after taking a blotter lsd trip, giggles and hallucinations with bright vivid trippy colours outlining everything.

It was a single nft specimen grown plant finishing at 180cm in a straight up single cola formation with few side branches. Medium to long internodes normally ripe in 9-10 weeks, this was taken to 12 weeks from memory.

There is a pic of one of her sisters in that overgrown shallow water culture thread from memory, not a big yielder,one of the siblings was and only ever got to around the 30% mark but yielded well, the 56% lady/sister yielded very low.

Too strong

She isnt in those pics but is in that room, I do have some pics of her on an external hard dive in storage, I will dig it out for you when i get it back :wink: @lotus710

5 Likes

yeah i think it’s common for cup entries to hit over 30% now. idk i don’t really follow cups or the like

24% THC on this bad boy - https://www.cannabis-seeds-store.co.uk/auto-flowering-seeds/fastbuds-seeds/gorilla-glue-autoflowering-feminised-seeds/prod_7896.html

Wow waa Wee Waa that’s some potent shit

1 Like

Mota Rebel claims some crazy numbers on his Durban Poison.

4 Likes

Salutations,

Honestly i view THC-centric selection as most beneficial for breeders only, simply because i’m quite confident that’s a truly precious asset to have in the tool box by virtue of the careful/patient work this requires (e.g. being a significant part of our collective cultural legacy), while i’d also prefer the cannabinoïds pool to spread more evenly at the end-user level in order to exploit as many pro-cannabic applications which enhanced palettes would allow, considering THC simply ain’t doing it’s magic alone.

To focus on THC exclusively is to have a blind/mute radar nearly the same as going CBD only IMO, especially in our present politically hostile environment…

:radioactive:

Actually i’d go as far as to extend this “tool box” reasoning to apparently chimeric exceptions, for example an utterly hypothetical triple-gland trichome if that’s more compatible with vaporization (?)… M’well, i’m sure the reader shall get my point about exploiting exceptions of nature turned into new potential for future development.

Any ideas what that could be like from real experience?

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

2 Likes

Would be a dream to have IBL breedstock of plants that consistently produce high levels of secondary Cannabinoids. A grower on another site we frequent has a strain that almost exclusively produces myrcene. CBG has a lot of untapped potential from everything I’ve read

2 Likes

Salutations Worcestershire,

Good enough, i’ll buy that - as long as it doesn’t result in outcomes as with designer molecules à la Biotrial Bial “BIA 10-2474” which was about to work like an anti-cannabic “vaccine”, as i recall…

:dizzy_face:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

1 Like

I’ve always liked mota rebel.

2 Likes

I wonder if thats a relative of the seeds we popped in the UK in the 90s, the clones found there way south as far as Birmingham and London and Kidderminster via myself. The 100 seeds were gifted to a friend of mine an employee in the 80s fat Positronics in Holland when it was closing down he was gifted the seeds and came back to the UK.

Those seeds were directly collected in Durban and stored at the seed bank for breeding purposes.

2 Likes

99% crystal thc is possable but any more than high 20s low 30s is imposable plant mass and percentage is based on mass of flower i beleive proove me rong but the rest is bullshit ?

1 Like

That’s where Sativas shine, with so much more surface area to fit trichomes than dense indica buds you end up with a higher ratio of crystals to plant matter. Might find the answer to the title question if we can figure out:

1. The limit of THC content in plain old whole-trichome hash
  2. The limit of trichome : plant matter ratios.

There’s always 60% THC kief at the local dispensary, and hash yields pushing thirty percent by weight are (fairly common?) across the industry.

1 Like