What is the rage with carts?

I always ask people why they enjoy these so much. Most people say convenience or because they’re popular. What does overgrow have to say about it? There’s no lie they are good business and can’t say I haven’t tried a few, but overall I just keep them for the people. What’s your take on it?

3 Likes

Yes! I love them!! I love being able to smoke anywhere anytime.
Swim started a off brand with Cali oil and terpines.

4 Likes

Very nice! I have been told countless times that I should just start making my own as well, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Yours look nice though!

1 Like

No offence to anyone, but they are basically hot dog water. See hot dogs are made with the left over bits and pieces of from the butcher room. They are not palatable on their own, so they have to have large amounts of salt added.

I feel like a broken record, but they make pens specifically for use with concentrates. No addatives or dilution required.

8 Likes

It is a double edge blade. A large % of people will say that they aren’t interested because they don’t know your brand so without spending big cash on advertising it might be hard.

1 Like

So when you buy or have oil made, you can choose the type of material or take your own. We used organic outdoor flower. Depending on how you distill you can separate the terps and use them for “cut”. We purchased from the terpine store cannabis terpines for the majority of the flavors plus our terps. -some are not cannabis terpines but,at the end of the day many people don’t even know or care about that as long as they like the product.

5 Likes

That’s how I feel, I don’t smoke them I’ve literally only tried a couple pulls here and there. A friend makes rosin carts and those I do like but only because it’s from a trust source and he makes insanely good rosin

2 Likes

Ahhh I could see that, makes sense. Unless you do what most people do and buy the imitation packaging for another company

2 Likes

Yeah, ironically my oil is better than a lot of the competition and cheaper but no one wants them because they don’t know the brand. Until they try them.

I can finish a 1gram cart in 3 days. So it is actually cheaper than flower.

4 Likes

I don’t trust those exotic carts or those mario carts. You can buy the packaging on amazon. There was a you tube vid of one of those cartridges blowing up in a guys face. I did a little google research on them after I got a good deal on a bunch and basically found out they’re very low % of cannabinoids and where testing high for contaminants.

2 Likes

If the exploding device doesn’t kill you the heavy metals will!

5 Likes

Nah… that’s young people crap. lol I smoke bud, period.

4 Likes

Like it or not, pen cartridge oil is 50% of the legal retail recreational California market now. Millennials seem to love it. I make my own oil. Easy to do and far less volume than weed.

4 Likes

I have one of those, it is great. I make my own wax and just throw it straight onto the heating element. I know everything that goes into what I smoke/vape.

4 Likes

Yeah ive also seen studies showing heavy metals in carts. No bueno

3 Likes

Will always be my number 1, just love me some flower!

3 Likes

i just smoke BHO in my vape pen although i’m gonna try making it in to vape juice, last time i tried using shatter and it didnt dissolve well but i think my homemade BHO will work better

i’d probably only buy pre made carts if it was distillate since i can’t make that myself

4 Likes

Distillate carts are where it’s at actually. They usually have a lot of terpenes down to the last drop. Just don’t use any old battery for it. Get the ones made for distillate carts. I got my hands on one recently and the carts last way longer and it’s vapor not smoke. I guess the carts made for distillate and the battery makers for together at some point finally

3 Likes

The exact reason I grow and process my own. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard, gotta have the right set up! I actually saw someone hit one of those carts with a phone charger hooked up to her car and I was dumbfounded. Necessity is the mother of invention I guess lol

3 Likes