What is this black stuff?

Blackstrap on 6th week. I saw a stink bug around this plant earlier and grabbed my soapy water spray (closest thing I could grab) and sprayed it. Idk where it went. Then I saw this black spot on a leaf. Could the stink bug have caused this? It’s the only leaf with this on it. I’ve looked all over.

4 Likes

could you have spilled something on it?

2 Likes

!!! maybe the bug landed in something, then landed their, and walked away??

1 Like

Guys, I have no idea! When I googled “bugs that leave behind black spots” it brought up the dull looking spots on leaves. This is shiny, like excrement? The only bug I’ve seen is a stink bug tho. Now I’m in there checking every 5 minutes bc idk where it went lol must have came in when we opened a door :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Elf on shelf?

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming::rofl::rofl: I will bust an elf’s ass :joy:

3 Likes

It almost looks like a resin of some sort.

3 Likes

Were you hitting on oil in the tent? Kidding but needed to ask. If it’s under a fan or something electrical it could be from that above. Maybe light got hot and touched something and melted.
Just doesn’t look bug related.

3 Likes

In all honesty, I was smoking some dabs around my plants before and the nectar collector dripped some onto a leaf before. :laughing: That was a sign for me to clean it out.

4 Likes

Well that’s gross. It’s only on one leaf and it looks like a bug shat on it. Then walked off still dropping crap on my poor baby :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t have anything around it. Anything! And it’s a brand new tent. I haven’t even finished setting everything up. Too busy hunting a bug w diarrhea. :woman_facepalming: The spot is about the size of a brown advil tablet.

1 Like

i really dont think its bug excrement

2 Likes

No I don’t even smoke. I grow bc it keeps my mind busy and I love it. My wife takes care of the end product without a fuss lol

There’s a carbon filter/fan above but it’s not on. I haven’t even finished setting it up.

1 Like

I’m so confused :exploding_head:

Has it gotten bigger since last time you looked?
Hahaha what does it taste like?

5 Likes

Have you watered with molasses or fish emulsion? Could you have spilled a drip?
It looks like a brown or black organic liquid fertilizer got spilled or something

2 Likes
4 Likes

Stink bugs get their name from the unpleasant odor they produce from their ass when they are threatened you must of really came at that poor guy …Scientists think this odor helps protect the bugs against predators. You trying to kill it …The stink bugs produce the smelly chemical in a gland on their abdomen. Some species can actually spray the chemical several inches. Hence what is on your plant and it has seemed to fly off looking from the puddle followed by the small droplets :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

If your finding bugs on your leaves, (don’t you think) you should start buying some Neem Oil Spray for Plants Pest Organic Disease Control

Looks like Molasses
@hollyho looks like Rhytisma acerinum to me.

3 Likes