What is this bug in my indoor grow?

Hey guys just went to feed my indoor grow and saw this guy… what is he i can’t find him now.

2 Likes

Not sure what that is but it looks like a roach

4 Likes

Are they a problem? He’s gone now and haven’t seen anymore… Could have come in on any of my family or the dog or possibly through a vent or the firewood in my basement i suppose.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s not a roach for the record. You definitely dont want roaches in your house. Those things will take over. They hide in dark spots and anywhere there is food.

Looks like it could be some sort of beetle maybe

4 Likes

This isn’t going to help you or answer your question - but what a small world we live in! I was skimming my pond this afternoon and ended up with this exact same type of bug in the net. I turned the net over and used a little wrist action to empty it, then I noticed the bug was still there as I was putting the net away. Point is, I really don’t think that bug is harmful to your garden, but you might find it’s going to be difficult to evict it. Oh, and I don’t think it’s a roach.

3 Likes

He’s already been evicted for cannabis safety issues lol.

4 Likes

lol…well, it’s better to be safe. I hope it wasn’t a death sentence :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

I think it is this one … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Unfortunately it had to be a death sentence i kinda panicked shut the tent door and ran upstairs with pictures and posted here on over grow, than i was like holy shit I’m super stoned i gotta get that bug outta there and grabbed some long reach needle nose pliers from the garage and pinched him outta there ended up in the toilet and even flushed twice. If i had to guess looking at the pic d-dank enlarged( thank you btw) it kinda resembles a beetle of some sort.

5 Likes

Well, looks he is one of the good guys … :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Damn I knew George was about to jump on here. Gj @George

6 Likes

Dammit!! I should have had patience… No more checking the garden stoned lol

5 Likes

That’s the best way to check your garden.
No worries, a lap or two under your belt and you will achieve ‘Chill’. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Hijacking this old thread with a new bug question. I found this bug this afternoon. After snapping a picture I tried to remove it with tweezers (it felt quite hard in the tweezers), it popped back onto the plant - never to be found (yet). Any idea what it is?

4 Likes

trippy colored lady bug

its def a beatle of some type

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing after zooming in.

I’m pretty sure that’s a varied carpet beetle. Not a threat to your plants, but your carpets, clothes, fabrics, furs & furniture have good reason to be afraid.

2 Likes

Other than Grasshoppers usually the larger bugs are predators but not always. There’s a green ladybug looking varmint that has spots and is called a cucumber beetle but it’s a pest on some plants.

Wasps are great predators, too, as well as spiders. You’ll figure out pretty quick who is good and who is bad.

The obvious ones we most all suffer with are aphids, spider mites, thrips, whiteflies, and fungus gnats which are all very tiny. Keep an eye under the leaves for early detection.

I leave any large creatures alone until I verify whether they are prey or predator. It’s been sort of fun, as I now look at insects completely different. I encourage the right ones to hang around. It’s a great way to be. Good bugs can really help you a lot. peace and RIP little beetle buddy, lol.

1 Like

Thanks @GMan and @Purple-N-Hairy for your thoughts. My carpet is less than a year old - I hope the little buggers aren’t eating it. So far I have only found that one single beetle, but he did pop off my tweezers and fall back on my plant.

1 Like

If your carpet is 100% synthetic, it will be fine. If it’s made with wool or any other natural fiber, you might want to call Orkin.

1 Like