What is your go-to breeder for that tried and true genetics?

I just splurged a little and purchased some beans from Exotic Genetix…I’ve been noticing the price differences between this midgrade I keep producing versus $100+ seeds that are producing trichome rich sticky buds, I see others growing. What are your thoughts on this?

6 Likes

You dont have to spend 100+ on seeds to get good genetics. Hell, one of my best plants in my garden last run was @50State Orange Gogi gifted to me from an OG member.

26 Likes

You also have to realise that just because the promo photo for say Exotics Cookies and Cream lines show super frosty colorful plants does not mean your gonna get the same results.

15 Likes

I hear mike has some good stuff but there’s people like bodhi and ak bean brains who have great stuff from what I hear for cheaper… depends on what you’re looking for though

7 Likes

Its more so finding that frosty pheno :green_heart:

2 Likes

You have to pop a lot of seeds to find the picture worthy plant. Then you need to know how to grow it perfect. My best smoking plants in my garden have come from $60 Bodhi packs. I have a Goji, 3 different Black Triangles and a SSDD. But I have 4 keepers out of 100’s of seeds. I also have some elite clones so I know these plants are keepers.

12 Likes

I agree it shouldn’t take spending $100s for seeds that you still have to cull due to poor performance…idk I guess I expect if I’m paying a premium price, I should get a premium product without having to go through hundreds of seeds just to get a keeper. I guess I’m more naive than I thought :laughing:

6 Likes

Partner, you have some of THE B-E-S-T Breeders right here on OG. Don’t chase the fancy “New this or that”!!! Ask around, if you don’t take advantage of all the expertise here, you’re doomed to overspend. Trust me. ALL, enjoy your weekend, do stay safe and, be well.

19 Likes

I’m new to forums so I didn’t know I could even ask people for cuts of proven strains.

3 Likes

I’ve only bought seeds a few times (safety and not knowing the quality of said product), I think some of the best I have had, came from OG’ers. But you asked for go-to breeder, I like the Nirvana’s Somango XXL and White Widow. Those are the ones that I can recommend from there. Other than those, I say stick with the OG site, or those closest to you that you have first hand knowledge of yourself.

be safe,

regards,

8 Likes

What state are you in?

1 Like

I’m really becoming a fan boy of Norstar genetics

3 Likes

Look through the Topic Headings…there you will find “Free Seeds and Clones”. Start at Square One and work from there. Plenty of members send cuts, it’s a matter of building trust. Most shy away from anything “rooted”, too many legal issues. You’ll get there, I promise you. Stay safe/be well.

2 Likes

Have you fucked with In House yet?? I have a bunch of Exotics strains and a few Solfire & Kre8 but I haven’t touched a single one yet.

2 Likes

Ya they use the same photo for a shit ton of strains.

1 Like

Area 51 Seeds

2 Likes

Baked beanz bodhi and a few others have awesome genetics for under 100. I would say joti but unless you’re in Canada it’s a 50/50 shot if you’ll get your beans

8 Likes

I keep going back to Peak Seeds BC, have enjoyed every strain. Tried and true at a good price, not the flavour of the month.

4 Likes

How is peak’s C99? I want to try and find a pineapple pheno

1 Like

I saw a seed catalog used the same photo for all there different buds…

1 Like