What kind of GROW lights are you using?

My buddy who has a dozen of them says they run pretty cool. Should be manageable in the tent without too much climate control.

1 Like

Compact fluorescents in a Phototron…

12 Likes

These have been incredible for me.

3 Likes

you have a phototron??? wow

4 Likes

I use hps, but I was thinking of buying a led board for veg then switching to hps for flowering.

1 Like

I have about 5 of them but I only have 1 in operation right now…I’m growing my own strain Matanuska Thunder Head and it’s been flowering for almost 4 weeks. Don’t underestimate what a Phototron can do…I in my opinion it was ahead of its time…Hell I think these grow tents people are growing in now are just a bigger versions of Phototrons.

Here’s a thread of my current SWC/TRON grow…

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

5 Likes

In the process of upgrading my 4x8 from a bunch of burples, to two GrowDaddy kits
I just finished hanging two 18"x36" frames with 6 bars / 240w each.

I’ve had the luxx 645 running for 12 hours now. The room temperature is 66 and they’ve been keeping the tent at 81 with no ventilation at all.

2 Likes

How cold is it where you live, though? Haha.

1 Like

It’s 55 outside right now but it’ll get up to 80 tomorrow so we’ll see how that goes :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m really wondering about. Sounds like SoCal weather, cool at night, warm during the day. Although it’s supposed to be in the mid-90’s here on Thursday and Friday, probably have to run the AC no matter how cool the lights are.

1 Like

Yup, and my tent is in the only room in the house without central air. A window unit is going in tomorrow afternoon.

1 Like

3 1000w SE hids, 4 starting next week. Ipower 19"wing reflectors. Cheap and effective. I’m gonna upgrade to led in the future but it’s not urgent. I’d be using 1000w lights in my room either way. I think the next major upgrades are gonna be rdwc from standalone buckets and co2. I’ve got a beast of an ac in their.

6 Likes

This Year i started growing an indoor with 2x Mars TS 1000 and 1 x FL / 600W HPS Phillips!

1 Like

315cmh growers choice and hortilux
600w hortilux ceramic
Grow Light Science 300
Gavita uvrs.

3 Likes

Im using a Gtmar 1000w LED light. This is my first time ever using a Grow light or tent.

1 Like

I’ve got so many lights around the house for different things.
315 CMH dimable (BC Grow gear)
Sunblaster LED’s are a little overpriced but good t5HO replacements.
I’ve got a HLG scorpion Diablo and HLG 350R. Spiderfarmer(33w) for seedings
MarsHydro sp150 for my cacti.

I got a smoking deal on a “no name” 450 watt LED fixture on Amazon,it’s on the way I’ll have to post when it arrives.
Two 240w Meanwell drivers
‘Samsung’ diodes(who knows what model lol)

$209.60CAD including shipping!

3 Likes

I grabbed a Vivosun 6500K 4ft T5 with 8 bulbs for veg and I’m liking it so far. On the low setting you can adjust it to have either the inner or outer bulbs on which is nice.

6 Likes

Hi guys that light fixture looks very similar to mine, 400w draw on full power and dimmer switch.
You’ll be pleased with the performance, low heat but watch for light burn, I found out the hard way, no closer than 18" at half power for veg.:+1:

2 Likes

Just switched to Mars Hydro TS3000 from 600hps for this cycles flower and I’m very happy with the results.

4 Likes