What kind of GROW lights are you using?

I grabbed a Vivosun 6500K 4ft T5 with 8 bulbs for veg and I’m liking it so far. On the low setting you can adjust it to have either the inner or outer bulbs on which is nice.

6 Likes

Hi guys that light fixture looks very similar to mine, 400w draw on full power and dimmer switch.
You’ll be pleased with the performance, low heat but watch for light burn, I found out the hard way, no closer than 18" at half power for veg.:+1:

2 Likes

Just switched to Mars Hydro TS3000 from 600hps for this cycles flower and I’m very happy with the results.

4 Likes

I did upgrade my leds,looking for some thing cheap and don’t give off loads of heat

1 Like

Lenofocus LF2000 200w 3000, 5000k, 730nm, 660nm Samsung lm301b diodes and meanwell driver. 250$ normally but I helped develop em and got em all 3 half off, 600 true watts total, 400 for flower 200 in the 2x4 veg tent (that’s usually not even full power).
Also have their LF100 which is a 100w quantum board with the basically the same spectrum and parts as the LF200.

And a 75w 3500k Cree cob that I use in random spots when I need to cause it’s so compact but puts out so much light with the 120° lense (should really upgrade it but OpticLED is stupid expensive) can see the cob off by the wall helping the photoperiods veg their way through the autos

Middle bar is an OpticLED Slim 100w bloom enhancer, 450nm royal blue to keep nodes tight and prevent stretching(because far reds CAUSE excess stretching and further node spacing), extra 660nm and 730nm all 3 Samsung lm351h diodes, and 365nm UV LG diodes for radiation to boost trichome production, mitigate any pest problems, all the diodes on the bar have 120° Cree lenses to disperse light further.

My current setup

Veg tent to show how it fits perfectly

My LF100 on a side project a while ago

The cob off in the back

I gave away all of my other extra quantum boards and cobs cause I didn’t think I’d need them and had friends that wanted to grow, had the OG spirit well before I came here :joy:

Even the one I built my buddy was at cost, I think I only charged 350$ for this 1020 watt fixture I built cause I’d already had it built and got extra boards for next to free from Lenofocus. It’s all Lenofocus LF100 and MX1200 boards.

Started as this…

Turned it into this…

I’ll put my lights up against any name brand company :grin: sorry for hijacking with such a long post that’s slightly off topic I get really excited about LEDs lol spent too much time researching em to not be passionate

19 Likes

Right now, cheap 600w hid in a 4x4. Next grows looking like a 2x4 with a 300w± led probably going with the sp 3000 for flower and a 2x2 with a cheap blurple for seeds/clones

1 Like

If you already have one then go for it. But I wouldn’t buy one. I have one. I use it. It works. But I hate looking at it. Even with the glasses

6 Likes

I’m running old LED lights. They have upgraded since I bought these 2-3 years ago. I have a king 1200, king 1000, and bestva 600 watt led light. I’m thinking of upgrading to spiderfarm soon or at least for next grow. I don’t especially like the bright purpleish hue it gives. The main reason I want to upgrade is the amount of heat they all produce together. I’m not completely sure the new LEDs are 100 percent better, but I’m sure they put way less heat out.

2 Likes

Cheap is the key word there lol. If I can find a cool white light cheap and bright enough that’s even better. Might just hang a 250w mh bulb in the prop tent to start.

4 Likes

LEDs like gavita, luxx, grow generation and volt all seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper with the competition. You might be able to find a nice deal on a top of the line LED in the 645-720w range right now.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking. I found a discount code online for spider farmer from the manufacturer. It saves about 15 dollars off. It is closer to $250-260 total for the sf2000. Thinking of getting that.

1 Like

I could buy a more expensive one too, but at the moment I don’t have the money. Do you think it would be better to save and go for higher wattage and output?

1 Like

in my personal experience i rarely ever regret saving and going for something bigger. It’s normally the other way around I regret cheaping out!

4 Likes

I feel like the gls 300s are workhorses. No frills.

2 Likes

I have a few different ones. Not sure what I’m going to get next. I do like the bp 4000. It was cheap. I really like it. I have 192 and HLG 100r and HLG 4k. Still have the big lights. I will run in the winter. @Qtip I’m looking at one of those. Not sure yet. Don’t mind a cheap back up. A good size 4x4 for flowering.

Nice set up. I was trying to figure who’s grow. I read from the bottom up. Very nice again. It takes time for that to happen. Blessed :innocent: man your child. One Love. I see nothing but love :heart:.

1 Like

I use a spiderfarmer sf 4000 for flower in a 3.5x 5.5 room and a mars hydro sp150 for small veg tent

5 Likes

Vipraspecta xs2000 on one side, solstripe x3 on the other.

3 Likes

Been thinking about going back to t5. Maybe upgrade to the hortilux setup

3 Likes

I bought and used this one for about 6 weeks. The plants liked it but it was a bit warm and didn’t fit into my smaller tent setup I built for veg. Now it’s sitting in my garage.

4 Likes