What Other Plants Do You Have?

Hey everyone I thought this would be a fun place to share your skills. I know many of you have plants and gardens besides Mary and I wanna see them

Just in time for the Hollidays :evergreen_tree:
A Christmas Cactus

21 Likes

Its dark now but I’ll post something. Good idea.

4 Likes

Just like Mary, the Christmas cacti is also florally induced by 12/12 if ya didn’t know. When I was younger I had one i kept for 4 years old kept in a 5 gal. pot. The base stocks were thicker than my thumb almost 1.5" diameter and hundreds of pink blooms!

7 Likes

Ahh very good to know, when I have more room she will go in with the other girls, I want mine to get that big

3 Likes

I don’t have any pics right now, I seem to have lost a lot of my pictures but I grow Hot peppers, many varieties. I enjoy exotic species, like the galapagos bird pepper, wild tepins, and of course I enjoy the super hots, I can’t eat them raw but LOVE to cook with them. I usually dry the pods and grind them up in a coffee grinder to make seasonings.

5 Likes

Who can tell me what this is?

14 Likes

White blue Iris Neomarica candida

5 Likes

I do vegetables and fruit every year

3 Likes

7 Likes

13 Likes

Bingo. Give that car a free wash & wax!

Sometimes referred to as the Apostle Plant.

4 Likes

@Jellypowered I will show you a ghost pepper bush anyone could be proud of… Its such a gorgeous plant when in full bloom, and hotter then hell. I just give them away for people to cool with as well .

@99PerCent that’s a very cool looking flower, the wife likes it alot, do they grow well on their own outside?

@Enstromentals nice garden bro, I need to excavate an old plot and get the soil ready for spring, I’ve got about the same space - produce alot in it?

2 Likes

Nah, they have to come inside for the winter.

2 Likes

Probably to laborious for her haha

2 Likes

Just like a spider plant.

The flowers become a proliferation, which root easily. Toss the mother plant after two years and flower the yearlings.

2 Likes

Huh?

12 Likes

Haha wtf, huh is right

3 Likes

Waiting for @Kraven to positively ID.

3 Likes

@GumbyBuds I produce enough for us. My plot is about 10 x 20. My best suggestion it to not try and pack it full with plants. Spacing it key.

3 Likes

Just like good ole Mary Jane, guess I should have been a full on gardener first lol either way my love for Mary will help me grow some other yummy edibles :grin:

3 Likes