What Other Plants Do You Have?

peach scotch bonnet

6 Likes

I’m big into butterfly gardening, and have had some gorgeous gardens over the years. I love anything that attracts butterflies and has fragrant blooms.

I also like to grow fruit, in fact I used to have an orchard in my backyard! Unfortunately my health has been rather poor, and I have had to put everything on hiatus. (We’re in a severe drought, too, and I lost a lot of my established plants. Couldn’t get out to take care of anything.)

Hopefully some of this will upload properly, I’m having difficulty with the site on my phone. Some Mara des Bois strawberries I grew, plus some tiny alpine strawberries.

10 Likes

Gardening is fun ,) Thanks for sharing. I love seeing peoples garden’s.

3 Likes

My garden of choice is a tomato garden. All different types :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think you’ll find many of us are into gardening :+1:

4 Likes

I love growing my own vegetables…

3 Likes

I was given a coca plant as a house warming gift :astonished:

2 Likes

so many! About 20 fig trees. Christmas cactus. Pink princess philodendron. Monstera deliciosa, monstera adanosaii, peace lily, snake plant, string of turtles, various cacti, a few varities of jaboticaba, pitangatuba

1 Like

I have a 1/2 acre market garden that grows a little bit of everything threw out the year. I’m adding 2000 square feet of pumpkins this coming season :grin:

2 Likes

I was trying to find one and failed.

2 Likes

Stoners will eat anything, even okra fig fire chutney :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

That’s actually sounds delicious I would totally eat it. Sugar base, vinegar base, either way sounds good.

1 Like

I’ve been a gardener all my life, it’s very therapeutic. I have mobility problems and have not been able to do much these days.

4 Likes

My current hydroponic lettuce grow. I can grow 8-12 tubs at a time in my rack setup, but these are plenty for me.

5 Likes

Lettuce know your secret (see what I did there?)

They look tasty and in a nice clean setup.

3 Likes

Honestly, I got fed up with buying expensive, gross, bug infested, slimy and rotten lettuce and decided I could do much better. I already have experience with hydroponics, and lettuce is perfect for a simple raft system.

I started by growing them in my old closet growroom, and they performed beautifully! The problem was I had trouble bending down to pick leaves daily (they would grow a leaf a day at their peak, enough for a salad).

So, I took a basic wire rack, installed some LED lights, bought a dozen dish tubs from Walmart and sheet styrofoam from Lowes, and a 4 outlet air pump from Amazon. The lights are not great, but they are perfect for this. I wrapped it with a couple of old lace curtains to keep the cat hair out, and it’s working great.

I even have room at the very bottom for a mushroom fruiting chamber! I’ve grown several batches of oyster mushrooms and maybe someday I’ll be able to grow some p. cubensis.

5 Likes

Now Mrs Foreigner is saying “how come I don’t get lettuce why aren’t you growing me the lettuce right now.”

I try to tell her we don’t have the space but she doesn’t care.

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s easy with a rack system like mine— and you can grow anything you want in there. It’s perfect for propagation and seed starting. I have 7 kinds of thanksgiving and Christmas cactus and rose-scented geraniums that I’m currently propagating, too.

4 Likes

My lil garden outside the greenhouse :seedling: got some peppers, tomatoes, zuccini, strawberries and a myriad of herbs and other plants. and the san pedros of course. been taking the normal plant dad hobby up as of late, no longer just a bunch of weed here lol

2 Likes

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468014123000249