What Other Plants Do You Have?

Next up should be crocuses right?? They are early ones too! Jealous of your snowdrops! I’d have to refrigerate some if I wanted to grow them here. So pretty!

On another garden note…This is the first time that I’ve ever grown tulips. I didn’t realize that they completely open their flower petals in the daytime and close back up at night. lol I’ve only seen them open once they were dying when I’ve bought cut flowers for the house.

5 Likes

Guacamole anyone?

8 Likes

I can’t stop starting seeds.
Some new seedlings in the egg carton: Marigolds, Lilliput Zinnias, Cherry Tomatoes.

The Jalapeno Pepper and the Tithonia I started last month.

8 Likes

I think we’re related.

5 Likes

it’s that time of year! I gotta get crackin’…so much cheaper to start seeds, you can save a couple hundred dollars vs. buying plants

6 Likes

And, as a bonus, it is much more fun to boot.

5 Likes

:joy: :zap: I microwaved a seedling pot to sterilize it & a chile pepper seed sprouted up! :hot_pepper: THAT’s the keeper!

Wondering if it’ll have crazy mutations…

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

My spring observation so far is that none of the bare root plants that were shipped to me and planted in the fall have sprouted. They honestly have just seemed to disappear. Of the ones I can remember, it was 2 types of violets, a tall phlox, astilbes and shasta daisies and I can only find one of the 2 bleeding hearts that I planted. I scratched at it the other day and the tip of the brown stem has green underneath so it’s alive, but still not doing a darn thing. The spring bare roots I received and planted within the last 2 weeks though either already have leaves now or green tips starting. That was probably 100 bucks down the drain. Anyone else have this happen? Oh, all the bulbs planted in fall are coming up though.

1 Like

Look I made flowers! The first 3 sweet peas!

6 Likes

My first tomato ever! How exciting!

6 Likes

Still no result in my experiment with iron powder in my hydrangeas (no flowers yet), but yes in the aloe vera, just testing … :laughing:

6 Likes

3 Artichoke seedlings and 3 asparagus

5 Likes

Seedling starts of sweet basil and purple basil along with lupine going into the garden and beds this Spring!

6 Likes

Queen of the night - epiphllyum oxipetalum

9 Likes

Gloriosa Rothschildiana

Stargazer lily

10 Likes

Random succulent

Rose of sharon hibiscus

8 Likes

What plant is the first pic?

1 Like

Got the most LITFA plant ever, fluffin cactus :rofl: