What Other Plants Do You Have?

‘Batcherlor Buttons’ & unknown ‘oriental’ poppy

:evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

Brussel sprout farts are the best :laughing:

3 Likes

Once ya have them there tough to get rid of for sure!

1 Like

I’m growing Coleus for the very same reason.
I’ve read some pretty interesting stuff on it.

2 Likes

My Gherkins are breaking the surface now :slight_smile:

10 Likes

We’ll leave all the jerkins to you… :smirk:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I love a good Gherkin :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I put the zinnias and marigold into a larger container.
Zinnias are under attack in this climate from aggressive powdery mildew, as well
as some as yet unidentified bugs. The other plants are relatively untouched.
So, not bad so far.

Coleus and marigold seedlings.

Zinnias and marigold

9 Likes

3 days later

7 Likes

@Calyxander how did you get your coleus so big already? Mine are tiny tiny and I started them in the winter. I moved them to part shade after your last post and they have finally started to show colors now, but they are still the size of seedlings. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

3 Likes

My plant window looking fab

8 Likes

Well, with all of the years I have been growing coleus from seed. I have learned to initially give
the newly emerged seedlings lots of direct sunlight, which boosts their growth rate.

Then once they start to develop their colors and begin to have a sort of velvet like appearance and texture, I start to give them much more shade. Coleus seems to prefer early day direct sun for a few hours or so…then shade or partial shade during the more intense 12PM to 5PM sun.
The direct afternoon sun will fade the bright foliage, so the neon like brightness become relatively drab.

I usually put some in containers as well as into the ground. The best in ground locations will provide some early direct sun, then partial shade or shade for the remainder of the day

Also, cut off the flower “spikes” as soon as you notice them developing.

Good luck!

8 Likes

Why do you cut the flower spikes? Does it promote new growth or something?

3 Likes

Because if you let the flowers develop, they will go to seed and the plant stops producing new foliage
and will begin to wither and die as its purpose for living has been fulfilled.

If you snip off each spike as it begins to form, you will keep the leaves growing and the plant will
thrive until the first frost.

6 Likes

Oh right, thanks for the tip :wink:

2 Likes

Beef tomato plant.

English strawberry plants.

I moved the pepper plant into greenhouse and she slowed down. Obviously it’s not warm enough for her.

11 Likes

That’s cheating :sweat_smile: (20 char)

2 Likes

That sounds damn good. Can you provide me with a quick preparation recipe? Thanks, peace and love!

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

The thread states “what other plants do you have” NOT “what other plants have you grew from seed” :+1:

3 Likes

Good day @Esrgood4u! What size pot is your beef tomato plant in? These tomatoes get really tall don’t they? I’m a total rookie tomato grower so any info is appreciated.

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes