What Other Plants Do You Have?

I like your style. I walk the neighborhood wondering what can I clone from others yards!

4 Likes

Ground cover with pink blossoms. Really pretty and I see it a lot in California along roads. Excuse my mulch haha!

5 Likes

Iceplant. No kidding it’s a Cali staple here. You’ll have a carpet of purple soon

4 Likes

Perfect, I’m trying to fill in this bed that’s always shaded and have manzanita bush( I think) also to add some more color to the space. The neighbor has a pomegranate tree so I still want access to that!

Have you tried to clone it or do you just dig up a chunk of the runners they shoot off?

2 Likes

I’ve never tried to propagate it, but the stuff grows like gang busters and I doubt you will kill it by trying different things. It’s so hardy my guess is either will work.

4 Likes

Comfrey bocking 14 received from Sebring.

Comfrey starting to grow in new pot of soil.

10 Likes

Jalapeño and Banana Peppers

12 Likes

Taking preorders for the 2043 strawberry season… with those 2 bangers I should be able to fill 1 order… first come first serve. May need to think about trellus soon

8 Likes

@Calyxander I’m always envious of your plants. Is it bad that I’m actually happy that your pepper leaf has a bug bite? Your plants always look TOO perfect. You’ve been making me look bad over here. lol All in jest of course. Bugs love my CA wonders, they all have holes in the leaves, but the little peppers starting look good so far!

4 Likes

Hahaha…all of my plants have been munched on this year.
Even the coleus has nasty bug scars,

My little makeshift fence garden.

6 Likes

Looks great! I almost planted the tall marigolds this year. The white ones that got bug destroyed were supposed to be a tall variety. I love them! Ended up with a volunteer morning glory right in the middle of my trellis. It’s growing right around one of the poles. Certainly picked a great spot to come up. Also really like your pink zinnias. What type are those again? Already planning next year’s grows lol if I don’t end up buying more seeds for more container annuals this summer.

1 Like

Turns out they weren’t the spears and just more ferns :sweat_smile:

I bought a bunch of seeds at Dollar General. 5 for $1. American Seeds Lilliput zinnias mixed colors, but mostly pink for me (4/5 plants). Too bad this area is inhospitable for zinnias… the PM is too much trouble to control here.
No other plants are bothered by PM. Annoying.

Coleus from DG

Banana Pepper

8 Likes

@Calyxander I had a bit of mold on mine as well. Had to cut a big middle branch out. Unfortunately, I try my best just to water the ground but it’s damn near impossible in my veggie patch as I have to hand water everything and I just can’t get around or under some things with the hose. I stopped using the sprinkler that I stake into the ground as I thought it would spray more level near the ground and no matter what setting I have it on it goes into the air.

Your coleus is awesome!! I moved mine to part shade back when. we first talked about yours but it’s still really small. I’m kind of wondering if maybe it never wanted fertilizer. I’ll try some directly in my shade garden next year instead of a pot. It just isn’t taking off for me. It may not be, but that one you took a close-up of looks like the watermelon coleus that I have been eyeballing on park seeds. Wonder if it’s too late to try and direct sow some seeds in the shade now. Maybe I should wait until we hit the solstice as I know for some reason certain plants don’t like to be planted in june.

2 Likes

9 Likes

I have harvested at least half a dozen hungarian peppers so far.

These are pretty small. Have a north facing window as all the south facing ones are full of peppers

8 Likes

@Calyxander did you buy the coleus from a nursery or grow them from seed? Also would you advise buying them online? Just showed my mrs what you’ve got going there and I’ve to make an order and get some :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also saw some stuff while googling the coleus such as rainbow tomatoes and I was like that cannot be real so anybody got an opinion on them? Like I am aware there will be many varieties of tomato but multicoloured all on the same vine? :thinking:

9 Likes

Yeah there’s a lot of scams like that at the moment. 100% Horse Plop

5 Likes

Hi @Explorer
The coleus pictured were started from seed on March 30. Depending upon your location, young nursery plants may be your best bet. Most garden/nursery stores should have a good selection available,
They make great house plants BTW, and they are super easy to clone

The seeds I popped this season I bought at Dollar General for 20 cents…roughly 100 seeds!
Rainbow Mix.

6 Likes

Indoor pepper harvest this morning

8 Likes