From back left to back right,

Morning glory- Scarlet O’Hara
Lilliput zinnia
2 Cherry tomatoes-Super Sweet 100
Sunflower- Evening Sun
Dwarf marigold
3 marigolds
Morning glory-Grandpa Ott

I have grown Evening Sun sunflowers many times, and they typically reach 6 to 8 feet in height.
They have lots of side branches, which keep flowering after the main top flower fades and dies.
This one is probably going to top out at around 11 feet.

ETA
i found out what voracious insect has been shredding my plants…the diabolical and destructive Japanese Beetle

9 Likes

A plant I am really proud of… and has taught me the meaning of patience…

This poppy is the progeny of my grandmother’s poppy that was dug up when she passed away 20+ years ago…

One day I decided to try and germinate my Oma’s seeds, and five years later, after a lot of coddling and care, fingers crossed, I will hopefully finally get to see the results…

And the ancestors…

Looking forward to bloom time, although it only lasts for a few days…

But well worth it IMO.

Peace
DaFozz

p.s. Bloom pics to follow (hopefully)

6 Likes

Mine only got 2 flowers. I was underwhelmed. Yours look much better!

1 Like

The Progeny has only 2 flowers set to bloom so I am hoping they carry on…

They add so much colour to the garden when they bloom, and to know that they are viable seed stock, even though lengthy, I know they will be a part of my garden for the long term…

Unless @Sunvalley recruits me for an apprentice position…lol

Peace
DaFozz

4 Likes

English strawberries

3 cherry tomato plants

Beef tomato plant that’s now flowering.

Chocolate habanero. She’s a beast. I took a pepper from her last week. Sliced it and just touched it to my lip. Not for the faint of heart. Silly me didn’t wear gloves and even after washing my hands around 3 times with soap and water it still remained. I did the stupidest thing. Being a man I obviously get itchy in certain places. Gave myself a quick scratch :flushed: it took several hours to feel “normal” again :rofl:

10 Likes

Right?! The Garden of Eden. My guru. He has been a huge inspiration for me in going organic. I hope even one of my plants comes out half as good as his.

5 Likes

What they didn’t already destroy when they were grubs! Hate those bastards! They destroy my bulbs!

2 Likes

Garden of Eden and Inspiration truly describe the dedication @Sunvalley has in his work doesn’t it???

Peace
DaFozz

3 Likes

Awwwww shucks :slight_smile::slight_smile: glad I can inspire you guys … let’s grow some trees

5 Likes

:sweat_smile: What is this one called?

Just thought I’d post a few random pictures of the yard… It’s nice to see things growing and blooming again, adding some colour…

Rhubarb anyone???

I harvest a bit, but most ends up in the compost pile. If I am feeling energetic and creative, I pick up a few bags of concrete and make up a few things like these…

And last, but not least in my mind, is my transplanted hops plant @Tinytuttle , looking like it is recovering, albeit very small, but still alive… It has been a cool, wet Spring so far, and made a noticeable improvement when it started to warm up… fingers crossed…

Peace
DaFozz

14 Likes

What hop variety is it ? You know?

1 Like

No, not sure on variety… I don’t ever recall it getting very big or having very big leaves like yours…

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

@anon95954822 WOW! Gorgeous plants and damn you are an artist! I love all your decor. Are you saying you made those leaf stepping stones yourself too?

2 Likes

Yes Ma’am…lol… pretty simple really… rhubarb leaf(upside down) on a flat surface, some concrete mix (approx. 2 stepping stones/bag), a bit of colour if you want, some sort of wire mesh to tie it all together and placed in the wet concrete. When dry (I usually wait a day), flip and peel off the leaf. I usually apply a sealer after a few days… The birdbath I just use an old flower container and lay the leaves on top of that for the bowl…

Works good for giant hosta leaves as well…

Peace
DaFozz

p.s. And thank you @Meesh, rude of me not to acknowledge that. I just fart around with things and try and make the space I spend most of my free time(OG takes up the rest lol) a pleasant place…

5 Likes

Hops on the front porch I think are going in three years established in that location mother plant looks still good . I now have hops in a total of 6 locations now.

2 Likes

I am glad it has survived as I personally think it is in a much better location, and I hope I can propagate it and place in other spots as well… It really is a nice plant to have just for aesthetic value to a garden…

I am hoping I can “pick your brain” for a few pointers concerning organics, plant ID, etc. if that is all right with you… I am trying to take a more organic approach to my gardening outdoors in the last few years, and there are some(lots lol) things I am unsure about… I try and use what is available to me readily, and have not really added different amendments (i.e. Kelp meal, Neem etc.) but I do collect worm castings( not from worm bin) and use them as well…

Sorry, too much I have to ask, so I will take things slow…

Peace
DaFozz

1 Like

Fire away will try my best!

1 Like

Believe me, I appreciate that…

The biggest thing keeping me from trying to grow Cannabis indoors with organics is from my first venture on OG 1.0 and trying to use CFLs in a grow space…

I went out, made my own soil, things went well until flower and the spider mites set in…lol… and wouldn’t leave…

Has made me “gun shy” so to speak, but seeing others’ success also interests me for the future…

I will be pestering you though… lol

Peace
DaFozz

p.s. Here we go…

Is this Comfrey???..

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

You can download an app called Plant Snap. It lets you identify 5 plants a day with their free version. So far it has yet to fail me. btw… my comfrey leaves have like a fuzzy coat on the leaves, like your grands poppies. I don’t believe the pic above is comfrey.

3 Likes