What Other Plants Do You Have?

Thanks girlie, I will check that out… I tend to let some “weeds” keep growing just because they flower out nicely and the bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds can make use of them… It will be helpful as new shit pops up all over the place…

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

Doesn’t appear to me as being comfrey although I thing there is something like 30 different types iirc .

2 Likes

Here’s mine in flower I’d think most cultivars would have same flowering structure

the stuff I chopped down about two weeks ago is already 1/3 the size of non chopped

4 Likes

I chopped this up the other day and the smelled of minerals to me! It composts down really fast not much on my beds from a couple of weeks ago!

3 Likes

And that is where my confusion sets in… I try and identify off Gogglehead Images, and it looks similar but… kind of like identifying wild edible mushrooms sometimes…

If I can use the weeds around the yard to help manage my garden/soil I am all for it, but it takes time…

Peace
DaFozz

4 Likes

FWIW comfrey once establish has roots the size of small trees that go do up to ten feet deep!

4 Likes

Whatever this is, has been established for several years now… it only exists because of it’s flowers, and it does spread quite well on it’s own… Otherwise I would have ripped it out long ago…lol

Peace
DaFozz

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle is the best time to harvest it when it’s flowering? I don’t think mine will for a while, but it’s already growing like crazy!

3 Likes

I don’t think it would matter to much if your using if for compost however it can have medical properties as well like treat bee stings , cuts and various other medical uses but as we all know once herbs go into flower some essential stuff is lost at least that’s what I remember.

3 Likes

So best to cut the flowers off when I see them start huh?

3 Likes

Just let them go IMO as most comfrey is the Bocking 14 variety there not going to start new plants is this what @Sebring sent out?

2 Likes

Does anyone know what this is?
It has a sort of cork bark and red buds atm.

Cheers :wink:

5 Likes

Comfrey bocking 14 is growing

4 Likes

I would guess Skimmia Japonica

2 Likes

I just think their great looking plants from the get go ! You’ll enjoy having this around!

1 Like

If this is your first time growing cherry tomatoes, from one friend to another, watch a YouTube video of how to prune those mf’s and start it while they are young. Mine turned into monsters and kept me awake at night with anxiety trying to figure out how to prune them. Honest to dog! It was really hard identifying the main stem once they took off. Would have been so simple had I done it from the start. lol That was a rough lesson. :blush:

3 Likes

Big habanero fan here.

You gotta learn to love it. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Or not. :joy: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This. I’m a big fan of letting plants do their thing, but it does not really work that way with tomatoes. This time I pruned a lot in the beginning, then was busy with other stuff and they are going crazy again. I’m leaving one as it is, because it does a good job hiding my weed from neighbour’s eyes, but the other needs to get more side branches pinched out.

Fun fact: I had a lot this year, so some stayed in tiny containers for way too long. They grew up to almost 100cm in 250ml pots, but no excess side branches at all! :smiley:

3 Likes

They are the first time I’ve grown them. I’ve heard they can be a pain in the ass to keep under control. I’ve got them in 3 litre pots so that should help keep them a little smaller. Just means I have to water more often. I may up pot them into 25 litre fabric pots and just let them go. Whatever they give fruit wise is a bonus as the original plan for them was sort of a camouflage for the cannabis plants I have outside.

2 Likes