What Other Plants Do You Have?

No doubt that would work well.
But I am not inclined to buy anything for just one plant.
I will break out the step ladder and give it a go.
Thanks

4 Likes

7 Likes

Catalpa, commonly called catalpa or catawba, is a genus of flowering plants in the family Bignoniaceae, native to warm temperate and subtropical regions of North America, the Caribbean, and East Asia. Wikipedia

Its a big one.

8 Likes

I love flowering trees. Do you know if they are fragrant?

1 Like

Hydrangeas…

6 Likes

Very fragrant. Great tree. Flowers every year.

Makes lots of healthy seeds. Just sayin’

5 Likes

Heirloom variety Evening Sun

10 Likes

Coleus today digging the shade
They get about 3 hours of direct late afternoon sun after 5:30.

8 Likes

This is a little bed I put alongside front driveway.

Tithonia and Marigold.

5 Likes

Must admit mine do not look anywhere near as happy as yours just yet :rofl:

4 Likes

This plant is my next propagation project… need to hit the CSU trial gardens for my guinea pig project plants look great @Calyxander!

3 Likes

They will get there, They will explode in a little while
They look like the Wizard variety. The coleus I am growing this year is Rainbow mix…this variety tends to get substantially taller and wider with larger leaves than the more compact Wizards.
Last year I grew Wizard mix, and I actually prefer the Wizard to Rainbow.

Some of last years Wizards

7 Likes

Thanks kindly, I really enjoy coleus, and have been growing them every year for a long time now.
Some of the newer varieties are quite fetching.

3 Likes

@Calyxander Oh you know I love all of those gorgeous flowers! Especially those sunflowers! Lovely variety! My coleus is pretty but very small. Next year I won’t leave them in the sun for 2 months when they are babies.

1 Like

Appreciate it, but I have plenty of trees! I have my eye out for a dwarf crepe myrtle though. I only recently found out they existed. If I’m lucky enough to find one here, It will be the only other tree I will add and it will be in a big pot. lol

1 Like

Greetings from the upstate region of South
Carolina. Happy 4th to all fellow Americans!

Shortly after sunrise this AM.

I never grew Morning Glory before I started the seeds that that have grown into this.
This is an heirloom variety called Granpa Ott. Very vigorous growth…I am having fun
training the increasingly unruly vines.
Vivid purpleish flowers.

6 Likes

Sunflower,for which I have to use a stepladder in order to be able to dead head 'em

6 Likes

…sounds like England…‘upper west midlands’–wtf is that?! :joy:

:wink:

I hear there’s a BBQ divide between the Carolinas, something about mustard…???

:evergreen_tree: :meat_on_bone:

3 Likes

Well, not being a resident of SC, as well as not having a preference for mustard BBQ sauce (my fav being Kansas City style) I have no dog in the battle of Carolina BBQ sauces.
But it certainly is pretty up here, although the weather has been considerably hotter than my home region-SoFla…98 degrees yesterday…and mid 90s for over a week now…SoFla has been in the mid to high 80s.

I inherited some real estate and have been up here rehabbing and selling the properties.
Still waiting on the last one (without any additional legal snafus)

I grow outdoors year round in SoFla, and I am anxious to get back home asap.

SC is a nice place to visit, but…

4 Likes

Never had any success with growing veggies in the desert. This year is my best so far. Cilantro, tomato, green chili, and cucumber. Dont laugh…

9 Likes