What strain has your favorite flavor?

Apologies if this has already been started somewhere, I swear, I searched for “favorite flavor” and didn’t see close to what I’m about to ask?

I can recall two that were fucking amazing.

Lemon Haze
Had an amazing lemony citrus taste to it.

White Widow
Had an earthy flavor, reminded me of shiitake mushrooms for some reason.

So let’s hear it, I’m also going to be using some of your responses to decide what strain I select to add to my personal seedbank :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Can’t beat a good chem dawg. Another one of my favorites is super lemon haze.

5 Likes

Could you elaborate on your interpretation of the flavor of Chem Dawg? I know everyone’s taste buds are different, just curious to hear others experiences.

3 Likes

Check out some of Kevin Jodrey’s videos. He touches on there only being like 6 basic categories of flavors that cannabis is going to fall within. I need to brush back up on it myself, but chem dog falls in the fuels category.

4 Likes

Oh man its very tough for me to describe the taste. It was one of the first “medical” weed strains I remember really liking, like where if it didn’t get you stoned it’d be worth smoking. If you’ve never had it, it is definitely worth a shot in my opinion. Old school dank. At least for me…I’m 27

3 Likes

I can’t listen right now (in bed and my girl is sleeping), but I’m pretty sure this is the video where he describes the idea I was talking about.

https://youtu.be/ofetbRBHXoc

3 Likes

anything fruity skunky strain 4 sure the best i ver had was mango skunk pre 2000 that was just super skunk grown out on a mango plantation pre mango strains

3 Likes

My palate prefers:

1. Shishkaberry
  2. Blueberry
  3. Juicyfruit
  4. Green Crack
  5. OG Kush
6 Likes

I’d also like to add that medium, inputs, environment, and post harvest are important to the flavor too

5 Likes

Very much so, thank you for bringing this back to my attention :slight_smile:

Looks like i have some research to do! I am now armed with a list of strains to seek out and look at reviews!

2 Likes

Bud candy and humic blast made my flavours better. I like mango carrot fruity sweet lemon pine and similar exotic tastes but also diesel skunky dank berry :smiley:

4 Likes

Juicy fruit/Fruity juice, what ever it’s called, has a unique flavor for sure. So good.

I love blueberry but can’t place the flavor in memory. Now, GC and OG Kush, whaaaaatttt? Agree on the GC flavor but effect not so much. A real grimy, greasy, jet fuel, earthy, gas pump OG Kush. F@#$ me running twice.
If you can find that OG, you’re in for a treat.

2 Likes

I made a topic earlier if want to check :slight_smile: Not sure if thats what you are looking for…

https://overgrow.com/t/what-are-the-fruitiest-strains-you-ever-grew/6313

1 Like

super lemon haze is a classic

4 Likes

Two strains that come to mind instantly based upon their yummy flavor are:

Yumbolt by Sagamatha Seeds
These buds remind of some of the first indica buds I smoked back in the mid to late 1970s. Unique earthy, sweet taste.
One of my friends says it “tastes like dirt”…
(in a good way) lol.
Sometimes I find myself craving the flavor.

Flo by DJ Short
The flowers provide a face full of intense, old time, hashy goodness! The strongest hash taste of any buds I ever smoked.
Lip smakin’ good.
:sunglasses:

6 Likes

A77 Cali O clone
Sensi Star

3 Likes

@Jellypowered dont believe ive smoked a pure chem (91, sis, 4, D, and so on) before but have loved any cross of it ive encountered. ones that stick out first in my memory are stardawg, purple chem, sour chem (if anyone has info on this please inform me, been after this one for a while now), gg4, emdog and chem kesey… all had their own nuances but ALL (at least the phenos i smoked) and i mean all of them regardless of flavor differences always leave a certain taste coating the mouth which i liken to piney sweaty gym socks doused in fuel in varying amounts for each adjective… just the oddest thing you cant really describe it to a tee (not being able to pinpoint the flavor fully to me at least usually indicates some sort of chem lineage) but you never forget it and will instantly recognize it again if consumed unknowingly…

3 Likes

Hi all,

It is indeed an interesting thread.

1. NL5/Sk/Hz: Usually, it is a citrus taste of Haze hybrids such as Super Silver Haze, Amnesia and Jack Herer. Also, fruity taste like Mango Haze. Whatever, for me, piney-haze flavour Super Silver Haze and lemony-bubblegum aroma Amnesia are the best for flavour among NL5/Sk/Hz group.
  2. Blueberry hybrids: Always a pleasure to smoke BB hybrids. The uniqueness of blueberry taste is unbeatable. I believe, there is many strains taste similar to Bubblegum but BB, so BB is a truly unique gene for me. Moreover, in my opinion, {Blueberry/Sativa x OG Kush} type of hybrids have such a nice potency and luxurious Blueberry flavour. Oooooh, almost forget to mention about lovely euphoric high from BB :grinning:
  3. Chocolope: Coffee bean aroma on inhaling and tropical peach punch on exhaling…what a magic.
  4. Tangie: Just for aroma and flavour. In my memory, the smell of bud, flavour and even exhaled smoke smell like strong orange. I just hope to try Cali-O rather than Tangie, Agent Orange and Orange Bud.

One love

5 Likes

Cali O and Chocolate Thai

1 Like

Copper chem by greenpoint.
Like bubbadog said, its really hard to describe. Chem 4 x stardawg. Windex, mothballs, gasoline, and kind of like chewing mango skin.
Next to that something called “diesel” in the upper Midwest in the late 90s. Like breathing truck exhaust. Sent your mind for a walkabout.

1 Like