What strains did you grow in 2020

This was such a fun thread last year. Lets do it again!

What did you grow this year? Which one was your favorite?

Mine were (in no particular order)-

Skunk 1
Uncle Fester’s Skunk 18
Grand Daddy Purple
Cackleberry
Spectral Tangerine
Orange Goji
Cheese
Bruce Banger
Blue Dream
Blue Gelato 41

It’s hard to pick a fave. I have a few favorites for different reasons. If I had to weigh all factors, taste, high, structure, effects etc… I’ll go with the Cheese. Nasty Skunky Cheesy Funky Feet bottom note with a bold overripe dark fruit flavor on the top. Tastes like nostalgia.

25 Likes

Lets see…

Shishkaberry
Northern lights
Cheese auto
California Orange Bud
White Widow
Purple Urkel x Ace of Spades

Everything was great except maybe the auto cheese which was meh.

My favourite is probably the WW - yielder and smells like feet. Or maybe the COB - yielder, potent and nice hard nuggets. Or maybe the PUxAS - rock hard indica nuggets. Or maybe the NL - smells just like weed from way back when.

It’s hard to choose :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Island sweet skunk
ROMULAN GRAPEFRUIT
gorilla girl
Tashkenti landrace
Pineapple Thai
Pineapple Thai-RGFT cross
ISS-Tashkenti cross
Dancehall
Bubba-hashplant

My favorite is Island Sweet Skunk

21 Likes

Spotted Lime Auto
Ripleys OG Auto
Mandala #1
Black Funk Dawg
Guava Hashplant x C99 F2
Chementine (Chem 91 x Sour tangie)
Chernobyl (Slymer Cut) x Fruity Pebbles OG

Everything was pretty good, wasn’t overly impressed with the taste or terps of the Mandala #1, but the high was pleasant.
My favorite were two phenos of the G99 F2 or the Slymer x FPOG

18 Likes

Silver Mountain
Larry Lotus
Golden Triangle/88G13HP testers
Goji OG
Time Bandit

All of them turned out really well, although the Silver Mountains smoked much heavier than expected. The Golden Triangle/GHash testers were excellent, hopefully Bodhi releases those soon.

And some Starkiller, Headbanger, California Cannon and Moonshine Haze that’ll be finishing up just after the new year. Got some Purple NL2, Soar, Uplift, Stardawg f2s, Midas and one Ghost of Lee Roy seedlings three weeks into veg at the moment, too haha. But those won’t be done until mid-April…

15 Likes

I grew a few here they are…
Pineapple kush
Lemon haze
Blueberry
Mac
Green headband
Super 90
Strawberry cough
Garlic
Xxl critical
Critical kush
Rainbow ylly
Mazzar
Hindu kush
Nl

Thats all for this year… My favorite smoke out of em all was the miracle alien cookies :cookie: :alien: the smoke was through the roof dank, awesome taste beautiful plants. Its a staple in rotation now. Merry Christmas everyone here on OG!!! Hope everyone has a happy new year!!!

16 Likes

Sticky Nicky
Washing Machine
Mac Stomper
Golden Temple Kush S1
Mac Stomper
Mendocino Purple Kush x Bubba Kush
Zombie Kush
Herijuana
Black Lime Bubba
Perfect Triangle
Triangle Canyon
Old School Dank
Project 4516
(Tree Spirit x Salmon River Og) x Mac Stomper
Swackhammer
Sugar Ray
Euterria
Lando’s Stash

Probably missing some… Found some pretty interesting stuff.

(I had terrible luck germinating the project 4516 … runts and duds.) Would not support Grandiflora Genetics again.

The Old School Dank was definitely one of the stand out keepers of the year! And the Mac Stomper was super killer - will be working to a few generations for uniformity.

Did a couple breeding projects with a few of select Phenos as well.

14 Likes

Let me try and remember…
2 different ReikoX Autos
Sour D Auto

Panama Haze
Skunk Haze
Nevilles Haze
Nevilles Haze x The Doors
I-95
Chem91
Instant Cookies
CBD Therapy S1
Barn Burner (males only darn it)
GMO Punch
Purple Chem
Purple Aliens
StarDawg F4
Chem91 x I-95
Blurp x Blueberry
Wedding Cake
Sour Velvet
Grape Stomper S1
GSC S1
Shut Eye F2
Illegal Smile
Orange Sunshine
Crumbled Lime
Appalachian Super Skunk
Super Silver Haze
Delirious
Sexy MF
Something from Argo that I can’t recall

That’s not to mention the varieties I’m currently testing… and the half dozen I can’t find notes of or memory of. Some of these have not been into flower yet but I’m still counting them LOL

The fave for me this year has been a 3 way tie between my cut of Illegal Smile, Orange Sunshine and I-95. All three are bonafide keepers and the orange Sunshine (evil ego seeds) has the strongest smell and flavor profile of any citrus buds I’ve ever come across

Still time to add a few more to the list :innocent:

18 Likes

Northern lights
Gorilla glue
Critical kush
Uk cheese
LRUV × tangerine dream
LRUV× black mamba cbd
Wedding cake
Oh also a few random seeds I had no idea what they were.

15 Likes

Great idea but when I contemplate the list, it was truly both an epic and chronic year at the same time!

By far, my standout needs to be the Tom Hill’s X18. I have used the male now in three runs this year. The Silk Road, Silk Road II - Out of Africa, and Silk Road III - Passage to Bangkok. The strains from the Silk Road run are in test, and the X18 is turning into a great breeding tool!

Not all made it to fruition. Some were males, some needed to be chopped, and some did not sprout.

X-18 - Tom Hills (Cultivator’s Choice)
Cherry Queen - Bodhi
Vintage Packistani - Bodhi
Ciskei - Bodhi F2 (Bushman)
Black Afghani - USC
Sinai - Real Seed Co.
Buzzards Hawaiian Hashbud
Mandarin Indica BX – Golden Coast
White Cherry Truffles F2
I95 x WCT
Uzbekistani - USC
Iranian - RSC
Berry Indica - Classic
Mango Thai - RSC
Congolese Haze F - Reeferman
Abusive Diesel S1 - Calyx
Mango Thai x X18
Malawi Gold - SOA
Big Bud F- Sensi Seeds
Critical Super Silver Haze F - Delicious
Red Afro - Tropical (2)
Pure Africa (Resinsator) F - Sensible (1)
Swazi F2 - Freebie (3)
Iron Cindy - KOS
Purple Pineapple Bomb - Snowhigh
Heart of Darkness - Snowhigh
Goji Purple Fire Thai - Snowhigh
S-Line 2
S-Line 3
Mandarin Indica x X18
Cali-O S1 - Seedsman
Lifestar - BOG
Schnazzleberry #2 F2
Viking - Derg Corra Collective
Shut Eye F3 – Calyx Bros.
Burmese (RM/VISC)
Eastern Manipur – Full Power
Black Yeti – Loompa Farms
China Yunnan - Ace
General Ho - Snowhigh
Royal Chocolate Thai - Snowhigh
Dragon’s Fire - Snowhigh
Balochistan Red – Full Power
Wailing Valley – Full Power
Orissa Gold – Full Power
Panauti Village – Full Power
Leb27 – Hybrids from Hell
Turkish Gummi – Master Thai
Love Sic #1 – Master Thai
Dago Hog – Master Thai
Romulan – Master Thai
Tahoe Purple Kush – Master Thai
Tahoe Gold – Master Thai
Sheelawathi – Full Power
Balochistan #3 – Full Power
M39 F2 - Meduser
Seraph F2 – Meduser

21 Likes

Amazing list man! You’ve grown a lot off things I’ve wanted to try. What did you think of the Viking? I’ve wanted to try that one.

Also how were your germination rates with the leb27 from HFH? I had some from derg, but most of them didn’t sprout.

7 Likes

Just started back after 40 years only one white widow working on GDP and monster kush

Peace out and stay safe

5 Likes

Demonic Genetics Autos:
Afghani
Blueberry x NL
NL
Trainwreck
Bruce Banner
Strawberry Cheesecake

Mephisto autos:
Sour Crack
3BOG x Strawberry Nugget
Northern Cheese Haze
Hubbabubbasmelloscope
Walter White
CannaCheese

Regs:
Joe Fixit (Bruce Banner x Lemon Catpiss)
GG4 x Black Domina
Gelato Hashplant
Orange Goji
Purple Poison Cookies

Edited to add some comments:
Most potent is probably the Bruce Banner. It stinks of fuel and is very stoney. It hermed on me - and my buddy too - so I won’t grow that one again. I’m looking forward to growing @HeadyMcDank 's Bruce Banner (reg, not auto) in 2021.

Best for pressing into rosin would be either Strawberry Cheesecake (total surprise from a freebie seed!) or Sour Crack. They both produced very flavorful rosin with good return. I’m looking forward to harvesting Gelato Hashplant in a couple months. I obtained that clone from a friend and have already seen how nasty and greasy it gets. I pressed some of their harvest for them and it was outrageously good!

The Orange Goji and Purple Poison Cookies were just a few seeds planted recently. Fingers crossed they’re girls…

13 Likes

What’d you think of the Appalachian Super Skunk? That was the first pack of beans I bought this year, back in March, after a five year hiatus from buying beans (I buy a shitload of packs over the course of a few months and then spend five years going through them). Six thousand dollars and about 160 packs later, I’m good for the next five years haha. But I haven’t gotten around to those App Super Skunks yet. I haven’t seen very much of anything about them online.

7 Likes

I’m currently F2’ing the 3 that I was gifted after my search for the F1s… Stay tuned to my journal and I’ll be showing the momma off in the near future.

So far early frost, nice males and typical Bodhi vibes.

11 Likes

Cool topic, interesting to see what everyone’s doing. The ones I liked are in italics. The rest may have been good but gave me anxiety, too much indica.

Sweet Seeds - Honey Peach CBD
Barney’s Farm - Lemon Potion CBD
Mephisto - Double Grape, 3 Bears OG
Next Generation - Timewarp
Female Seeds - C99
Peak Seeds BC - Skunk Berry, NL x Haze, Haze x C99
JOTI - God’s AK47, Black Dosi Fire
Useful Seeds - Blackened Oranges, Sunny Diesel, Fire Alien Kush x Black Lime Reserve
Beanhoarder: Red Congo x F13, Red Congo x SSH

Favorite to smoke is Skunk Berry with Congo x F13 in second place. Peak & Mephisto were easiest to grow overall.

9 Likes

This is neat, let’s see :thinking:

Russian Snow - Vision Seeds
Purple Mac - Greenpoint Seeds
Forum Stomper x Chreme De La Chem - Mephisto Genetics
Northern Cheese Haze - Mephisto Genetics
NL5Haze x SensiStar - Mel Frank
Franco’s Lemon Cheese - Greenhouse Seeds

So far I think my favorite is the NL5HSS from Mel Frank, nice clean daytime high from back in the day with a peppery flavor .
Second best would likely be the Purple Mac, great for any pain but sleep inducing and not my favorite flavor, straight burnt rubber.

I did love the cheese taste from the franco’s but the high was a bit foggy. The mephs are always good… the russian Snow has the best bag appeal and was the most potent, but wasn’t worth keeping around.

12 Likes

You get anxiety from Indicas? So do I. You’re the only other person I’ve “met” who has that issue. Sativas tend to bring a sense of calm, whereas Indicas seem to always make my heart race for the first thirty minutes. Which freaks me out. Eventually it levels off, but those first thirty minutes kind of suck haha…

7 Likes

Before I built a tolerance back up after my last, long, herb break, everything gave me anxiety. I had to smoke/vape something every day for like 6 weeks straight before I was back to being fine.

7 Likes

Will post later…technical difficulties…

5 Likes