What terpene am I smelling?

Was just smoking some bud a friend gave me and it smells and tastes great! Whatever terpene is in there has kind of a soapy-lemon smell. It has a similar smell to when someone takes a rip off a dab rig. Does anyone have any idea which terpene this is?

2 Likes

Maybe it’s more than one. But your description makes it pretty clear that at least one of them is lemonene. As for the “soapy” component, well - there are as many different types of soaps as there is weed, so what kind of soap does it remind you of? Is there any chance it could be something foreign, such as insecticidal soap sprayed on the plant weeks before harvest?

6 Likes

Linalool is what causes floral soapy smells

8 Likes

Also soap causes soapy smells

14 Likes

@Weedstruck You’re soap

5 Likes

I’ve smelled it before on certain kinds of buds and it’s very noticeable in oil or wax when it’s vaped. I guess “soapy” is more of a general term, doesn’t smell exactly like soap but has similar notes. Hashy maybe?

2 Likes

Do you know what strain it was? I smoked "Florida lemon skunk " and it had a similar description

2 Likes

No idea to be honest. It’s very indica sided whatever it is. Very dense buds, but no indication that anything like soap or pesticides were used.

1 Like

Myrcene is what has the skunky pot smell right?

1 Like

I thought kush smell was myrcene alsomememe_10b717b57ed36fd45d16d736f422d5ed-1

5 Likes

Someone just needs to make a scratch and sniff guide to terpenes lol

8 Likes

Definatly and fabreze needs to make some room freshener

3 Likes

i hate soap weed.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I had a kush Pheno that tasted exactly like Ivory Original Soap. It was like a bar of soap in your mouth. Quite nauseating to be honest. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve had that soap taste a few times!

One of my NL x Grape Krush came out with the soap taste - and it definitely at no point had anything sprayed on it.

Cool to know its linalool!

4 Likes

Myrcene is fruity sort of sweet taste… or so I thought, now I’m questioning everything I know.

Myrcene is found in mangoes. It’s in pretty much every strain I get, I associate a certain sweet, but floral and almost soapy taste to it, but in a good way.

3 Likes

I always associated Myrcene with that spicey, hoppy-floral, like a strong Og.

2 Likes

23p327

4 Likes