What the devil? seedling with..exposed roots?

Can someone please explain this phenomenon? Thx…cool and weird. The devil’s lettuce

26 Likes

Debil Weed

download

4 Likes

that is a fuckin odd one. Its for sure roots? Not sun bleached/deformed leaves? Can you snap a macro shot.

1 Like

If that’s roots that’s crazy wild.

1 Like

It’s only been above soil 48 hrs under a dome. I can’t see bleaching that fast. Weird one. I took the dome off to see if they brown. If so, I’m guessing roots which is wild

2 Likes

I’m gonna take a pic in the am. I’m gonna see how the dome removal affects it. These are tester seeds …too add

1 Like

I hope i’m wrong but kinda looks like the 2 true leaves are chewed down. Possible the white things are bugs or larvae?

4 Likes

It does look like little devil horns lol. :smiling_imp: smoking that Anton lavey pack.

2 Likes

They just busted soil and under dome for 48 hrs. I can’t see it being bugs of any sort

1 Like

That’s oddly awesome! Baby divel plant.

This is usually water or light stress. Usually unfolds like this. The next set of nodes to grow will be twisted leaf structure. Followed by the next set of nodes being 3 finger leaf structure. And finally the 4th or 5th set of nodes to develop will have the proper full leaf structure the strain retains. Usually just a little slower going than a sister or brother plant that did not have any stress. Just my experience with variation’s from seedlings over the years. Cheers!!!

4 Likes

A couple more pics. Not a bug and not bleached. We’re at 3 days old.

19 Likes

I’ve seen starts do a lot of weird shit but I’ve never seen that one before! Cannabis never ceases to amaze me!
Still under a dome? I suspect it’s a reaction to very high RH, like an orchards roots kinda.

What is the genetics @Puffalo ?
:v::canada:

11 Likes

Yeah, the domes still on 3 of em including this. 12 total in this test run, but this one’s the weirdest. I was gonna remove it, but I’m gonna wait another day. So bizarre. These are Umami Seed Co. testers

5 Likes

They don’t tell me the cross. They just get a number until they’re released, so I have no idea the lineage

3 Likes

Can you get a Picfrom under the leaf? That’s crazy looking!

2 Likes

I’ll try. It’s super tiny :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6 Likes

It almost looks like the seedling tried to express sex on the tips of the leaves with white pistil tips???thats rather odd

7 Likes

@CapnCannabis thats what i wanted to write.

Devilish Girl

2 Likes