What was your OG nickname back in the old days?

I was Calyxander on OG way back then.
Here is a review I posted in '04
ā€¦

Grower Report - Calyxander on May 7, 2004, 6:42 pm
Apollo 11 G4 from Reservoir Seeds rated 8.00

Overall Rating: 8 Effect: Varied effects
Potency: 9 Stature: Average size
Yield: 6 Phenotype: Mixed, primarily Sativa
Ease: 9 Indoor: 45 to 50 days
Appearance: 10 Outdoor: Not Listed
Odor Level: 5 Odor: Tropical fruit, lemony
Taste Level: 8 Taste: Lemony, spicy
Growerā€™s Tilt: 9 Sexes: Standard (M/F)
SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: February, 2004

I only started 5 of 10 seeds, 100% germed.
Only two girls, but one very robust male.
Plants were easy to grow.
Very fast ripening: 50 days for a sticky sativa bud-filled plant.
One of the best plants I have ever grownā€¦ A real pleasure.
The smoke is a favorite of a few chums whoā€™ve tried it.

I use pro mix bx modified w/ dolomite lime, perlite and vermiculite.

http://www.druglibrary.org/strainguide/Reservoir_Seeds/Apollo_11_G4/901/index.html#g901

5 Likes

TgaBadboy
SubCool was my mentor ! Anyone remember me ?

8 Likes

I was the Baked Baker back then tooā€¦ I used to bake for a club in San Francisco which after Dennis Peronā€™s last giant raid became the largest medical pot club in North America for a little bit, and we only had 2500 patients at that point. Damnā€¦ the industry was just taking its first breaths. I also wrote the 2nd P.O.S. system for running a dispensary. San Francisco eventually named an official an official ā€œC.H.A.M.P. Dayā€ after the dispensary, CHAMP - Cannabis Helping Alleviate Medical Problems.

Right before the giant raid that closed Dennis, the San Francisco DAā€™s office tipped the owners of CHAMP that the raid was about to happen and told them to make sure nobody was there. When the feds showed up to find the gate well secured they went on to the next of the 5 dispensaries they busted that day. CHAMP reopened a couple weeks later to serve the community. ~80% of our patients were terminally ill with either cancer or HIV/AIDS.

7 Likes

Its amazing to see people back from the former OG, and how we have evolved over the years.

Well, the new OG and its destiny is up to you members, I hope you share your knowledge and wisdom among members. That was what OG was about back in the day, it was regarded as source of high quality information and good folks.

5 Likes

hi guys, OG member from 2001 to 2004, nickname was Dark.Schneider 73 or Dee.S73 , canā€™t honestly remember
I had the chance of meeting a few ā€œlegendsā€ like Shantibaba(Scott) from Mr Nice seeds, Howard Marks , Breeder Steve of SOL , Bubbleman and his nice family, in Switzerland, at cannatrade 2001/'2/'3.
quimik, if u read this, hope uā€™re well m8ā€¦ I have found a few seeds of your genetics from back thenā€¦ :wink:
some of my Floberry f1 seeds went up for auction in 2004/5 .any chance who got them is around ?? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

At the time Switzerland was really promised land!
Check this out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well one of the first thangs i tried to learn was privacy and security. When i get somewhere legal to do it again i will take up old name and emoji. I tried to keep low low profile cause of legality issues. Pride, arrogance, and loose lips sink ships! Ainā€™t doing nothing illegal now . good job good fam, but sure do miss the days. Pulled 8 years of. Growing the best one could grow, given strains. Bubblegum,#1 in my book, not sure but was some kinda purple skunk, AK47. Pure couch lock coma, tried 3 or 4 wont name cause not sure if it was really what they called it, would hate to give a good strain a bad rap. Just got first crop of mtf and got to noid so shut down . Hell. 8 yrs no bust. :scream::v::+1:. Little older. Little more noid. Ainā€™t worth going to prison for.been bout 11 -12 yrs now. Making plans to move to colorado. Canā€™t wait. If any one wants to help me get there and set up iā€™d damn sure make it worth while.:v::two_hearts::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Those who knew me will recognize my persona sure enough. Iā€™m a easy read.

1 Like

I only remember one name from the old og and that was billy bong Thorton. If I had of known the site was back up and running I would have been on a while ago.

2 Likes

Once upon a grow I wasā€¦ AtmospHear. I started on Hempcult, completely lost my shit and got rightfully kicked off. Special shout out to XjO and crazydiamond I miss you always! My list of growers that I thought were incredible is extremely long so I will say this, my failures became lessons learnedā€¦ and I loved every minute of it because of all the fantastic people that loved it too.
A lot has changed since the shut downs of other similar sights and now OG has moved forward to 2.0, butt I donā€™t see the upgrade. The old OG with out the incredible database and even with it as now, is and was all about participation and team building skills, if growers donā€™t visit other growers and communicate then they donā€™t make friends.

I am not saying that I want to see the old OG come back, I will always have my great memories from the past. Take OG to the next level and never look back.

I will be opening the new and improved art and creativity gallery soon, I will bring back flat liners for plantā€™s and some of my hydroponics to help rebuild the database.

Special note to Butcher Bob: I read the tokecity archive and I agree, we all can only re-build it so many times before you lose the faith.

Extra special note to Stich: I hope with all my heart that you went dancing.

Be good to yourself, seeyah when I seeyah.

6 Likes

Some things never changeā€¦

https://hotcoffee.org/growinfo/strainguide/Reeferman_Seeds/Blueberry_Blast/index.html.htm

1 Like

Bongwater830 .,.,.,.,.,. More characters
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

At the time I was ButterflyDreams though I spent most of my time on HC.com.
I was registered here and a couple of other places under the same name.
Itā€™s nice to be back.
Iā€™m wading through the great posts and new formats to find my stride once again.
Soon to be a Provider and breeder again in the newly legalized Missouri markets.

Be well my friends.

BG

4 Likes

Monad was my og name and icmag as well

3 Likes

Congratulations brother @BalmGardener!

5 Likes

Started with the handle of ā€œApsara Dreamsā€ and then changed to ā€œHammockGuruā€ (glad to see that it was still available).
Back in the day I pretty much only lurked when outside of the ā€œOld Fartsā€ sub-forum. As a stoner of more than 50 years experience who can righteously claim to be a ā€œgrumpy old manā€, Iā€™m hoping to see some of my even more matured friends come along here. (though a couple of dozen of us never lost contact cuz of this new fangled notion of Social Networking).
Cheers all!

4 Likes

bongwater830. On several forums back in the day

1 Like

Often wondered what happened to youā€¦glad to see youā€™re still kickinā€™.

1 Like

Booboy. My man! Been looking for you all over the swamp. hahah. I want to connect. Give me a pm xo Love you brother. <3

1 Like

The name was and still isā€¦Northern Dudeā€¦I was a mentor in outdoor.

4 Likes