Whats a good strain for pain that does NOT give you couch lock?

I have Northern Lights and CBD Critical that both work well for pain, and help me sleep.

But they both make me too groggy during the day if I take enough to really fight the pain.

I have some Blue Dream that seems to be a step in the right direction, but I had to harvest it way too early, so its a weak and just not quite what I am after. Im going to grow it again to see if its any better at full ripeness.

What strain would you folks recommend for pain relief during the day that does NOT put you to sleep or leave you feeling too stoned?

I want to be able to function with a clear head, drive safely, etc., but still have less pain. I dont really need to kill all the pain - just take the edge off. Ive been in so much pain for so many years that even a little relief is a big help.

3 Likes

C99? Or most sativas really :+1:

3 Likes

Agreed. Properly grown Indica harvested slightly early might be similar as well. I’ve had some Indica that might as well be a Sativa for effects.

On sativa my favorites are green crack, sour diesel, sfv og, and 20k Jack.
Indica I’d say Zkittlez, purple og, and most Berry strains with minimal skunky aroma and more citrus will also usually work too.
Hybrids may be want you are looking for though. You get the narcotic side of indica with the energy of sativa and usually minus the couchlock. I’m pretty sure all of the Indica I mentioned are hybrids.
I’ve had jungle cake and it was a hybrid dead in the middle. No couchlock, no crazy energy, no racing thoughts, strong pain relief, no anxiety, no depression, no itchy skin, and opened airway’s. It tasted like vanilla cake with berry on the exhale.

2 Likes

Find a high CBD Sativa, like Supreme CBD Durban. I am sure there are others, just not at the front of my brain right now.

3 Likes

Cogitech beat me to it. Durban Poison hybrid. (for nerve dmg)

But it’s likely gonna be a paranoia high that shifts to a stone.

So I recommend finding a CBD flower or hash that is tolerable (my experiments so fat have all been surprisingly bad tasting), then combine with that THCv Durban/variant and experiment until you get the right ratio.

At this point I don’t think it’s possible for us to breed the perfect plant --ever-- but we can blend strains and really dial the effect in. Imagine what could be done with an 8 strain blend. Or a 24. At very specific proportions. :thinking:

:v:

:evergreen_tree: :wheelchair:

1 Like

Something like Supreme CBD Durban (8% THC : 8% CBD) is far less likely to cause paranoia than straight-up Durban Poison (23% THC : 0.01% CBD).

1 Like

Thanks guys!

The Jungle Cake sounds very interesting, and the C99 sounds even better. A sativa that grows short and with a short flowering time too!

I need to look up the Durban and others.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

SSDD works wonders as well, great strain for pain, as well as keeping you active

2 Likes

SSDD? Super Saver Deep Discounts, or? Sorry, Im not clued in on all the abbreviations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sunshine Daydream by Bodhi Seeds… Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 SSDD -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED! - #180 by Sebring

3 Likes

Ive spent the last few hours reading up on all the suggestions given so far, and shopping prices and availability.

Ive decided to try the Cinderella 99. That strain sounds like it will fit my desires best. Im running in hydro, so I need fem seeds. I ordered three from these guys.

https://www.growerschoiceseeds.com/shop/cannabis-seeds/cinderella-99-feminized-cannabis-seeds/?attribute_pa_number-of-seeds=3-feminized-seeds

I was going to wait until my current grow was almost finished, but I decided to get them now so they are on hand.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

3 Likes

C99 always wins :rofl:. The holy grail of weed supposedly. The female seeds version is one of the best. I grew the GYO version and it was a beast. Main cola yielded around 3 Oz dried :+1:

4 Likes

These guys are pretty fast!

I ordered the seeds from Growers Choice seeds on Tuesday night. I got a pre-shipment notice early Wed and a tracking number later Wednesday. Today it shows shipped and on the way. Thats a LOT faster than the last seeds I ordered from Nirvana. It took them a week just to get me a receipt and almost a month to receive the seeds. of course, Nirvana is in the EU, and Growers Choice is in California, so that helps too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally received my card two weeks ago. I tried two strains. One worked really well, the other not so much. The one that worked was a strain called Sweet Afghani Delicious, a Black Domina hybrid from https://blimburnseeds.com/green-crack .

One ten second draw on my Firefly 2 was sufficient. I didn’t get high, but I received the pain killing benefits. The second night I slept until 6:30am, and for years I’ve awoken from pain every morning at 4 am.
I also woke up without any breakthrough pain or stiffness. So much so I was immediately able to reduce my Oxycodone intake by 15 mg, the first week, and now I’m trying to reduce it by another 15 mg after two weeks.

I’m really amazed this one strain worked for the other strain, a type of Shark Shock, did nothing

2 Likes

That sounds like a great strain, but I am confused - is the good one the green crack you linked to, or the Sweet Afghani? I cant find the Sweet Afghani on the site and their search function isnt working.

1 Like

:slight_smile: It is frustrating & confusing sometimes. I too am on a quest to find an ideal Cannabis variety (like so many others). My feeling is that blending different strains together(with some precision) is likely to be our short-term solution until Cannabis research progresses further.

I’m heartened to hear that you reduced they Oxy use, excellent! :clap:

And Thank YOU, Cannabis plant! :hugging: :herb:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I’d hazard a guess that the Sweet Afghani Delicious has a significant amount of CBD in it. Afghani often does. Maybe not “high CBD” but more than the Shark Shock.

1 Like