What's going on outside your home?

Just outside smoking a blunt over here during a severe thunder storm. It was in the mid 90s with 98% humidity today :hot_face:The pictures don’t do justice to how dark it was at first but the worse had passed now. Got about an inch of rain in 20-30minutes I say. I am happy the power didn’t go out again :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

It’s 70 and humid here.

5 Likes

Currently 72º and not a cloud in the sky. High was 80º. Typical late August day here. We did have an unusual downpour yesterday. It lasted maybe 5 minutes, but it came down pretty seriously, as you can see. I love the kid’s duck bill umbrella!

3e7ccdd1ecc0dde1e9368bf6c31f60d1901e2157_2_666x500

13 Likes

Traffic on the 401 is moving well.

3 Likes

Thank goodness!! That damn 401 I tell ya!! :joy:

2 Likes

Birds tweeting and maybe a car once or twice a day here. Very quiet area, we are getting ready for another La Niña wet season here. And being sub tropical the humidity is punishing!

3 Likes

We are in a terrible drought. I raise beef cattle and the grass is almost all gone. where there should be tall lush green grass there is bare dirt. We will start feeding our winter hay in a day or two. I am rationing water for my plants so that I can keep the animals alive. No chance of rain until saturday. Its really bad. :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes

I hate to read that, @Magu . Drought makes a synonym for helpless. :cloud_with_rain:

From 50 years ago . . .

3 Likes

That sounds harsh and must difficult! I hope the rains come sooner Gromie and is a down poor to help replenish the grass that is needed for your lifestyle! 🫂

4 Likes

just this barn this morning out there.

11 Likes

Decay & entropy & some clones & seedlings. Everything the wrong way. :crazy_face::fire::derelict_house::see_no_evil::running_man:

88f & 38% headed for 98 & 19. Not veg weather.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

This is a beautiful landscape though! I could get used to that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Magu :eyeglasses: your avatar looks like

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

Ha ha ha !!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

That’s disgusting… I’ll take our dry heat in AZ any day.

But on that note… It’s still 106°F and miserable AF outside and I had to work in it today.

6 Likes

Pond fishing sunset. til the bugs roll in. then we’re out.

7 Likes

Very true! When I went to Vegas in August of
2018 I really enjoyed that dry heat. It was lovely!!! We had 70’s today with moderate humidity in the 70’s as well.

Do you have basements at least? Or a crawl space?

2 Likes

So you get the foggy barnhouse ina field and a wonderful pond with a sunset like that :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We really should have basements here. Would probably excellent to keep things cooler but alas I’ve never seen a basement here or in CA while I grew up there. I’d love to have a basement in my next place.

3 Likes

A basement is one of the few things lacking from my life.

5 Likes