What's growing in your yard?

That is awesome :clap: :sunglasses: I know what you mean about waiting…

This is digitalis (foxglove), Mrs. Helios got the seeds (extremely small) and germinated them, then turned it over to me.

It’s been my life long dream to grow foxglove seed to bloom, we have 3 going into bloom and we are doing the happy gardeners dance!

4 Likes

Foxglove grow beautiful flowers in many color combinations … I am finding that Mrs.Helios has great taste in flowers!
They are a favorite of mine, but can really only be grown in my area in a greenhouse. It’s been 7 or 8 years since I last grew any Foxglove… and I grew mine from seed as well.

I can’t wait until yours start blooming… they are delicate and very beautiful and also a favorite flower for hummingbirds to visit.

2 Likes

I could not agree more, foxglove is by far my favorite. Mrs. Helios told me I forgot to post the most important picture. This foxglove is 9 months old from seed to flower.

I tried to grow foxglove in Alaska, I left before they bloomed. Mrs Helios is from Alaska so that’s prolly where she get’s her great taste from, as a Southest state native I knew I would never be able to grow foxglove without a green house at my longi and latty… butt she changed all that by finding this hybrid foxglove that blooms in it’s first year instead of two years and extremely heat tolerant. We were going to sell this heritage house and move back to Alaska in the spring next year, We are going to stay awhile more instead, so I am rebuilding my grandmothers orchid green house that my grandfather built for her.

It’s always good to see you @DesertGrown

4 Likes

Number 2 foxglove is starting flower.

I cut the orange sherbet impatients and set them to root, right now tho I seriously gotta do something about the Gigantic stag horn fern. Gotta move it.

Can you find the murder hornet in this picture?

:sunglasses: No worries… it’s just a wasp.

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

All kinds of stuff I used to call “weeds”, wild lentils, chickweed, dandelions. Theres this app called picturethis that tells you what any plant is and basic care info. it comes with a 7 day trial

2 Likes

Cactus have some of the most beautiful blooms of any plant on earth.

7 Likes

I agree!IMG_8457

6 Likes

image image image

4 Likes

I agree with @DesertRat and @Ace absolutely gorgeous!
Here’s my hot, wet, fox glove.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Well that’s cool AF! Did ya find the little green bastard with the pot of gold?

1 Like

I’m assuming that’s man-made rainbow with a nice must-spray head? Lol

1 Like

A few blooming plants alread can’t wait to see the “ purple rain “ box this year looks like everything came back and looking better than last years initial planting!

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle absolutely awesome! You for sure got two green thumbs, I didn’t find any gold but I found some pot growing there.

As a gardener for over 40 years this moment has eluded me through time and ability, now I can scratch it off me bucket list. I present to you digitalis Foxglove.

4 Likes

This fox glove starts with lime green spots that turn gold.

The next fox glove is starting to bloom

3 Likes

Uploading: 0C85423E-05CA-47DE-82AA-339EC465FB9E.jpeg… Uploading: C6CA7558-3921-45DE-8BCD-810F585F0E32.jpeg…

Uploading: 13D2590E-61DC-4CC5-A7BB-265BAAAF819C.jpeg…

3 Likes

Hey! Some of that is Peyote!! can I get a cutting??

1 Like

My Fairy Lilies are finally starting to bloom. I took this pick of it, and afterwards, I noticed the sunbeam lighting up the center of the flower.

3 Likes