Whats in your refrigerator?

Pretty self explanatory. Here it is

3 Likes

Not mine, but a nice example of a refrigerator

I think it’s made by BUSH

15 Likes

Haha yes! I see a whole lotta salad but no dressing!

2 Likes

12 Likes

mm i love me some dog meat too :dog2: :meat_on_bone: :hotdog:

4 Likes

How long will that last you?

My family typically eats about 4 deer per year, but it isn’t an exact science, because we sometimes have a moose or elk in the freezer as well.

This deer provided us with 60 pounds of boneless, lean meat, plus bones for making stock, a neck roast, shanks for osso bucco, heart and liver. So about 70 suppers for the 4 of us, basically.

6 Likes

What would a moose or elk provide you with?

Those are some big fkers

I came across a moose last night on Red dead redemption 2 it looked rather tasty :sweat_smile:

MUCH more. My mother shot a mature cow elk last February and we got at least 250 pounds of boneless meat, plus osso bucco, organ meats, caul fat, etc. We’ll still be eating it this coming February when we go for another.

A bull elk is even larger, and moose are larger still. Probably upwards of 400 pounds of boneless meat on your “average” moose.

2 Likes

Fk…That’s a lot of meat, can you just go out and shoot them or do you have to have some kind of permit?

1 Like

All of a sudden my bag limit of grouse looks less than adequate :wink:

I think you have inspired me to take one more trip up to Logan Lake for that 4-pointer

1 Like

That’s an impressive amount of meat from one moose :astonished: Things are more compact here, i’d need a few thousand…

4 Likes

You have to successfully complete a hunter training program, which allows you to obtain a hunter number, which allows you to buy a general hunting license. The general hunting license covers small game. Big game animals require extra individual licenses, and quite a lot of species licenses are lottery based. On top of that, you also need a Canadian firearms license to hunt with firearms.

It sounds onerous, but it really isn’t. My yearly BC hunting licence is $32. A deer license is $15. A bullet is $1 (I reload my own ammo).

2 Likes

Same here. A friend of mine has a real good setup, he is a true gun nut. So I reload 223, -06, and 308 at his place for beer that we drink together. He must have spent his kids college funds on all that automated reloading wizardry.

I also reload my freezer at his place. He raises beef cattle and chickens.

Even though there is no deer in my fridge atm, there is plenty of bull. And some chickens. And hot sauce.

4 Likes

Just checked - seeds, cheese, milk and a single carrot :thumbsup:

3 Likes

My daughters both won doe tags so I’ll be taking them out sometime soon. Best of luck if you head out again!

2 Likes

I’m UK mate, the only thing worth hunting over here is pussy :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

7 months later and you still didn’t catch one :laughing:

2 Likes

Hahahaha :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I quite enjoy the single life now mate, less drama.
Cheaper as well :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am sure I intended for that response to be directed at HappyHemper. Sorry about that, mate!

1 Like