What's Rasterman Growing?

I like a mystery. I am curious about what your concealing…lol.

3 Likes

Awesome - I can’t wait until she’s about 3-4 weeks in and you get a chance to smell what she puts out. :mango::coconut::tomato::grapes::green_apple:

She wasn’t a stretcher for me, so hopefully she’ll stretch more for you. I’m going to let my next one veg all summer if I have to. But she’s a fast finisher.

A WTF is this IBL! :rofl::rofl:

:thinking::thinking::rofl: That’s the thing - it seems like everyone is crossing with autos for shorter finishing times so there’s no telling what it is. Very Indica though…

4 Likes

That would be surprising as the autoflowering trait is recessive. They should all be photoperiod plants. If you make seeds with these, the next generation should have 25% autoflowering plants. If you select for those and make another generation after that you should have 100% autoflowering offspring.

3 Likes

Yeah, aware of all that, which is why I’m surprised all of them appear auto. I’m sure if I decide to take it further, the next batch of seed will be larger and some of them won’t be autos.

6 Likes

I’m definitely interested to see where this goes. Sounds strange.

4 Likes

It’s like someone was doing a breeding project already and just kept a clone they liked.

6 Likes

I just noticed what day today is - the first 14 hour day of the year for me! :thinking:

9 Likes

hth am I just finding this now? of course i’m in, brother! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So I’ve got these two auto females by putting male auto pollen on a photo clone. I’ve got fifty or sixty seeds. Let’s see if these females are good enough to pursue breeding this into a true auto IBL with the rest of the seeds.

The first female is obviously going into stretch. She’s in my veg room and gets 20 hours of light daily.

The second female was still in a solo cup when she showed sex. She’s definitely always going to be short. I’m showing her last because she’s outside in a drafty greenhouse under God’s schedule, which right now is 14:05 according to the WU. I’ve known photos to flower on that schedule, but she was in bloom before she went out there.

7 Likes

I’ve also started my first run today of a Grape Pupil clone @NDNCHILD was generous enough to send me. It’s been waiting its turn for months! :cold_sweat:

9 Likes

I completely understand the waiting game! :crazy_face:
So many strains and so little time and space.:+1:t3:
I’ve got quite the backlog myself and a few are from you! :sunglasses:

Just for the record… she’s gonna be purple!:joy:
I should be cutting this one in a couple weeks!

I hope you enjoy the grow/smoke. She’s always pretty and is a great daytime, get stuff done type! :fist:t3:🪶🪶

8 Likes

A year ago I remember saying I didn’t like purple strains because it’s hard to tell when trichomes are turning amber but since then I’ve grown two strains with purple and they were both fire! :fire: So yeah, pretty stoked about that too.

3 Likes

With the Grape Pupil the trichomes start out clear then cloudy as normal. They start going purple instead of amber! I thought that was pretty cool. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Yeah that’s the confusing part. I understand there are two ways purple strains go amber, but that’s the only one I’ve ever seen - purple and clear. (Purple and cloudy is the one I’ve never seen.) So clear but purple is amber?

4 Likes

Correct.:+1:t3: Start checking around 8 weeks. They’ll be going purple and purple means amber. :wink:

3 Likes

Sweet! I can do that. I grew a purple auto my first summer and waited a loooong time for the purple trichomes to get cloudy. By the time I chopped it, it was CBN and that’s just unhappy weed.

3 Likes

:joy: Yeah I can see how that was a bummer and confusing. These were pretty user friendly and a nice surprise for me. Clear then cloudy with a slight purple tinge. ( whoa! That’s kinda neat!) then finishing they go straight purple. That’s where the “Wow! That’s really cool!” Part for me kicked in.
Purple means amber.:man_shrugging:t3: Ya see somthin new to you all the time.:joy:

3 Likes

I have a “Road Runner” that finishes flowering in 35 days. It turns purple too. I have always been confused about when to harvest it. :crazy_face: :rainbow:

4 Likes

35 days is insane. I tried a 49 day strain once, but it ran 9 weeks. :rofl:

4 Likes

This Grape Pupil V1 claims 8-9 weeks. Usually when they say that I run 10-11 weeks. :joy: This one finishes for me on time. In my space 10 weeks would definitely be too long. It makes her seem really fast compared to some others.:rofl:

4 Likes