What's the point in auto flowers?

Granddaddy Purple is a wonderful Auto and just ran 2 of them, very different phenotypes for sure… 68 days and 72 days, not bad and I grew these on 14/10 people… not 18/6, not 24/0… no… just goes to show you, make your own rules, test test test… NEVER USE solo cups to start an auto

3 Likes

You do multiple transplants with autos or just the one up pot?

I have transplanted from a solo cup, to a 1 gallon, then to a 3 gallon, or outdoors into the ground.
Many times with out having stunting issues. I’ve never really had a problem with it.

1 Like

I’m still learning with them. I can see how starting in a gallon pot would be better than solos.

1 Like

I like to take them to 10-15 days in plugs and then transplant once or direct sow. 20-24 hr light schedules, and I typically lollipop and top for hydro and depends on others, but always defoliate pretty frequently. Usually 2-4 leafs - day starting in week 3 then ramping up as needed to keep lots of bud sites illuminated.

2 Likes

If you’re good at not disrupting roots then it’s usually fine. I’ve started plenty in solo cups as well with no issues upon transplant.

2 Likes

I think that is the key thing. Being gentle.
When the solo cups fill up with enough root structure, and the soil is on the dry side I can easily remove the plant and all soil/root mass.
Fill a 1 gallon roughly 3/4 full, then take a solo cup and press it down to make a nice little hole, put plant in and cover with soil as needed.
Simply drop it into another pot and put more soil on top and the plant only thanks you for being able to stretch its roots.
Works for me anyways.

2 Likes

nah im doing super autos they take about 14 weeks.
Small plants are started in 3 gallon fabric pots. Seed plants are grown in 1 gallon containers.

2 Likes

I try to “Not STRESS” the plants early in Veg with regular defoliation…

Last few grows I’m tucking them (Fans) out of the way, not plucking.

Its the leaves that Collect Light and NRG while your Roots are Booming

Obvious shadow makers or leaves pointing inwards, are always goners,

Just a thought and Happy Growing @Acro

1 Like

Dump. Autos, the plane jane unsung insurance policy that makes sure my jars are full in the in between times. I don’t think it’s cool to put down apples because oranges are your favorite when we all agree, fruit is good, except kiwis apparently :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I can’t wait for spring when I litter the yard with autos.

8 Likes

There is a bunch of hashplant cultivars waiting that you bite your tongue about this statement. Those harvested multiple times per year and that are not equally reliable to make Tshirts ^^

4 Likes

Not sure if I follow, but I know there’s a language barrier :slightly_smiling_face:

If you’re saying autos are on an upward trend, and not just for hemp fiber, I agree haha

2 Likes

Nice one ^^

I’m serious on this kind of strains, source a ketama cultivar by example and your perspective can change radically. Now, increasing the quality of the stash have always lowered the quantity required to be in peace. If you’re not smoking just for smoking, it’s quite mechanical.

2 Likes

Ketama sounds super interesting

1 Like

IMGP3044
IMGP3071

From old archives sorry, but this is the main phenos you can hunt inside this one.

Depend on the cares you want to give to the line one time you adopt it, but the N hungry pheno is 35 days from seeds and the sativa-ish pheno 45 days. They are quite “feral” and handle almost everything like champs.

With this you get out from the jail of something made to get you hooked to the cashier and it give you more decent perspectives to hybridize it with something you find too long and/or finicky. They are fast and solid, but you can keep them in mothers without problem and the transmission is direct, no pain in the ass BX program to maintain etc …

You can find similar cultivars in afghanistan, also india … i just quoted one to stimulate the curiosity.

6 Likes

This in 75 days from sprout is the reason. Autos rock!

3 Likes

One hard nug of pure power (Sweet Tooth #3 x Skywalker) within 55 days, that you can clone and reproduce in loop, and that saved the social life of a couple of real med users of Treating Yourself back in the days.

This “reason” is a bullshit of fresh business school smart ass that vampirize the scene since a big decade, a placebo to push you to ignore the need to explore what cannabis have to offer in all its spectrum. And that can build your autonomy specifically …

4 Likes

I ran autos, Dinafems Moby dick was some of the frostiest I ever grew.
I found depending on the vendor crazy results.
Some plants did great, some stayed freakishly
Small, some grew crazy big.

I did not like the light schedule
I found they were not as strong as photos
There are exceptions im aware of.

I found quick strains of photos cloned as quick
If not quicker.

However clones require constant attention and care etc.

It’s a toss up I suppose.
SomeHighguy on you tube been doing autos for years.
He can get huge yields, like huge from autos
But you get a real feel for them on.his channel.

Personally I prefer photos but that’s me.

3 Likes

My grow season is really short, so auto flowers are great. Multiple strains, takes little space, less trim work. But I do grow a couple big outdoor photos at the same time, goal is to grow as many strains fast and enough to get through long winters.

1 Like

I’m at a similar space.
I prefer photos over autos. I have become really interested in fast photo though.
The really interesting thing about fast photos is you can clone them and mother them. They flower super fast!

3 Likes