What's the point in auto flowers?

Do you have a strain that you like to run a lot?

Lately green crack and a cross of green crack. Why? First of all because of the high. Second, smell and look. A very easy to manacure plant.

These pictures are not mine, they are from a friend i traded cuts with.

7 Likes

Interesting debate, and my vault is op for an hempocaust (lol i like the concept) ^^

Joke aside i see that more like a binge drinking period. In a first time you aim the orgy with low grade beers, with all excuses of the world and discovering what you take for a new freedom. Then when you age a little, you start to buy expensive wines that you drink slowly with respect, totally outside of the hard discount marketing that push you to drink more beer volume that you have blood in the body.

3 Likes

I am not a fan of tga they take to many short cutz in there breeding regiments grown sev jilly beans an all herms so n ibe grown other genetics and had the same parameters so i know it wasnt my fault that they produced balls an femal hairs balls formed 3 to 4 week in flower

1 Like

So @Justin quick genetics lesson.
The gene that decides if a plant is photoperiod dependant or autoflowering only controls that trait.
Yield, density, trichome coverage, and THC content are separate genes.

Your question has no answer because youā€™re basing it on the idea that autoflowers are inherently bad. What point can autoflowers have if they only produce hemp?

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7djFlHmsFg8

I dunno what to tell you, but this looks like pure DANK!!!

1 Like

Shit maybe I need to reread this thread looks like some pretty interesting material in this one!

This may sound like a silly question but with my lack of luck at cloning recently can autos be clones successfully?

1 Like

No, autos cannot be cloned. Thatā€™s one of the downfalls.

4 Likes

That was the way my thought process was leaning thanks for the reply @ReikoX!

2 Likes

autoflowers are great for getting in the harvest before the helicopters start flying around here.

6 Likes

I doubt the mendo dope boys will ever go the auto-flower way! LOL

i doubt it too. i dont mess around outdoors here. Too many choppers, and ultra-lites. plus the weather is usually harsh AF. i do know a few who do and they use autos for that reason.

3 Likes

Time for a poll :slight_smile:

What is your take on autoflowering strains?

• Autoflowers are part of my garden on regular basis
  • Iā€™ve tried some autoflowers and was satisfied
  • Iā€™ve tried some but wouldnā€™t grow them again
  • I growing from clones only avoiding autos
  • Havenā€™t tested autos yet

0 voters

3 Likes

Damn this thread took off

Only if I lived far north of where I do, would I even consider using autos in-ground outdoors to avoid late September frosts as well as the scourges of PM and bud blight.
Butā€¦
I think I would prefer photo plants in containers which I would move indoors in order to suitably ripen them unscathed.

Growing autos only indoors mystifies me.
Why?

Just my opinion.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

My point excatly i had a buddy start sellin some autos for some comp n he grows indoor why to get a zip off n indoor plant

Iā€™m with you there, flowering from seed works well enough that Iā€™ve never really considered them for an indoor grow. Iā€™ve strongly considered them for early summer harvests outdoors but never pulled the trigger

1 Like

wait a secā€¦that poll is incomplete, we need one more entryā€¦

• ā€œIā€™ll never grow that ruderalis crapā€ :smile:
6 Likes

And here i am making feminized auto crap! Shit I just need to throw in CBD and Iā€™ll have the most evil plant of all! :imp:

9 Likes