What's the point in auto flowers?

Have a look at the Autoflower net and you’ll see guys pulling pounds of potent medicine _ all autoflower varieties… i, myself grow auto’s (mephisto mostly) and photo’s too, being perpetual means auto’s are real handy for me, it’s still illegal here and if I had any sort of summer weather ( same drab days all year), I’d try a guerrilla or two with auto’s in summer…
Each to they’re own/different strokes for different folks etc…
Gaz

2 Likes

Yes, but some are interested in finding new things in plants, I do selections a lot, and just like it. Plants will be adapted to your growspace best if you let a few generations arise in it. Also you can teach it new things…

Be well.

1 Like

@Illyssian

It would be good to see some of your work.

Do you have a thread here on OG?

99%

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cannabis Growing - Legal situation in European countries

Ok. Would you recommend autos?

I’ve never worked with them… trying to currently but others love them… how old is this plant? strain info? grow medium?

Candy kush auto

Small plant big buds? 67 days 250 watt cfl

Tincture maker

5 Likes

I love autoladies! :heart: Last Harvest dry bud weight 210gr 4 plants :wink:

here is more and from me and my second go with 5 autos :wink: they are now at day 34 since seeding and

I am new in growing and I will for sure grow one time photoperiod too :wink:

A Happy Big Bud New Year to all! RA :heart:

4 Likes

The biggest plant I ever grew was an auto. A white widow in hydro. It got that big it took over my 120x120 tent. People say not to top or Fim autos. I fimmed my ww it stalled out for a while then it just took off and I couldn’t control the growth.

That is her.

9 Likes

I also grew a devil xxl (original seed store) outdoors here in the UK. It did really really well.
Devil xxl outdoors

I’ve bought some Jamaican Haze autos for outside come march. I’ll do a journal when I plant them.

10 Likes

To answer OP, I suppose they can’t count.

What OP?? (20 character limit sucks)

1 Like

Hi, i’m new here too. “OP” is this board’s abbreviation for original poster.

1 Like

Yeah original poster is correct :rofl: I’m drunk. It’s just turned new year here in UK.

4 Likes

Happy new year @Esrgood4u! I’m about 7 hrs away.

On topic - my last auto harvest was over 1lb from 4 plants in a 1x1m tent with a 600w hps. White Widows dominated.

I see the appeal - pop into the final container and grow with same light schedule. Easy-peasy.

I like my photos because it is possible to control for plant size a little better - mainly to grow huge fucking trees.

5 Likes

Thank you @HappyHemper. Yeah I’ll always try to slip a ww in my grow area each grow as a fall back. It just ignores all the rules and grows like a f#cker. Nothing can stop it. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve had good auto and bad auto. The point of auto is maximum yield in minimum time. The ideal light for auto is 20 on 4 off the whole way through giving you an extra 8 hours of growth per day in the bud cycle. That being said, I’ve seen a lot of people talking about how great today’s pot’s are. Unfortunately, canadian pot is just plain crap. Nobody is flushing. everyone is crashing and no one even seems to know what the hell a cure is let alone actually do it. If you really want to try some awesome buds, you need to make your way to nz :smiley:

P.S. I remember reading an article in cannibis culture about 20 years ago saying that outdoor “done right” is the best pot possible. Never seen anyone prove this statement though!

3 Likes

They finish in less than 100 days.

3 Likes

Update Day 35 :slight_smile:

Happy ladies

Here I am again, enjoy:

WC O.G. 79

Pinea. Xpress 83

GS Cookies 53

Durban Poison 67

Blackberry 90

All in cm, … sorry inches will follow later