What's the point in auto flowers?

The bottom of the leaves remained a nice vibrant green actually. It appeared to be similar to a tan. I’m not sure why the underside didn’t change in color TBH

The bottoms got a bit more life actually. Less leaf death

Overall the color change was even across the whole plant. Top to bottom leaves got the same tan.

I actually did that to push it to make more trichomes and denser buds if possible originally

1 Like

ya an inbred is not the same as a bx or back cross a back cross essentially means that a or the breeder is crossing the( F2 or F3 F4 etc 20? lol) x (S1)

So what’s the point in auto flowers again?

I have tried to keep all of my crosses, non ruderalis, started before there were “feminized seeds”. I remember alot of growers saying they would never have feminized seeds.
As you said “to each his own”

lol that’s kind of an abstract question isnt it I’m glad things have or are changing as far as that question is concerned

1 Like

I have a balcony that gets wicked light pollution so autos are the only choice really.

4 Likes

I have a balcony that gets wicked light pollution so autos are the only choice really.

And this is how Autos came about and why the first gen was structured so small… was
designed to be Dutch Balcony weed, Spain, etc… since most balcony walls are what, 3ft… a
plant that finished under 2ft was stealthy… Light schedule cannot be maintained so by going
auto flower, light schedule is not important…so no chance of hermie situations… Lowryder was created to meet this demand…

when interest picked up, the 2nd gen came about…the game changed… Santa Maria was introduced to Lowryder making Lowryder II and then AK47 and sizes began to change…

Many reasons to go Autos, and lack of potency is no longer an argument.trust me… and size, well I’ve grown plants that grew to over 4ft and harvested a few ounces min…
biggest auto

and her big sister… Trans Siberian Auto seed to weed in 65 days
TA pollinated by sour60

7 Likes

A Fastbuds green crack auto the mrs grew back in 2018, in a 2x4 tent, It took hours to trim and only yielded 8 ounces dry. Simple hand watered hydro, not light sealed. What’s the point in autos again?

fe5754f57e836d10aa00b579b5f86caabf21b84b_2_666x500

10 Likes

Scrogit or Sogit

1 Like

I live far north and I’ve nearly given up on outdoor because its so hit or miss for me. Great for hash or edibles but smokeable flower, forget it. Its just hard to get the typical plant to a suitable ripeness where I am. I’ll be trying some autos outdoor and also making my own seed as well. Excited for a planted that will be flowered out when the typical photo strain has barely a pistil.

2 Likes

Nothing to see here, move along…:wink:

4 Likes

A Cream Mandarin auto i grew fairly recently. Probably a waste of time too eh, stayed small and only produced just over 6 ounces dry.

6 Likes

Crystal candy auto, didn’t even quite get 7 ounces dry! useless wee things eh

6 Likes

I’ve grown all sorts of autos last 2 years,sometimes they get tiny lol

Here’s a 6ft sweet tooth auto lol,when I made this strain I picked out the biggish seeds to cross…

Have this thing tiny seeds tiny plants bigger seeds far better plant lol maybe I’m tripping about this

This fucker is outgrowing
My tent have 2 of them going

4 Likes

Yea, I’m not sure why this thread is still a thing but congrats for showing the point in autos…

They are much better than they used to be and damn is it fun to watch them go so fast

4 Likes

Yup they can be a total nuisance sometimes. I wonder why any of us bother with them at all.
Fastbuds Blackberry auto. another of my Mrs plants.

7 Likes

That’s a nice one lady growers have the magic touch lol

1 Like

Sour kush auto kola

4 Likes

It’s a cracker and Fastbuds are stateside so should be available. The buds stain your fingers purple even when well dried. Quite unique powdery blackberry taste when smoked.

I’ll have to try get
My hands on some,
Have some autos started at
The minute
GG4/wedding cake
Trizzlers

2 of each lol

1 Like