Whats your favourite Bodhi male

So was sitting thinking, which of the Bodhi stuff I’ve grown off his chosen males have been the best?
I’ve grown plants off his Appalacian, Wookie 15, Snow Lotus and 88G13HP males… I only have experience with 1 Wookie cross which was Space Monkey and it was a smasher.
Right now for me its a close race between App and SL with the App a slight fave… hard against the Goji cut I have but found the pedigree of the App sways more to my liking with its direct offspring i have or crosses of it like Wookie crosses and the likes of Sunshine 4 for eg.
Id like to run more Wookie crosses, and have ordered the 4Play to see if it can run next to the Space Monkey…

What are your guys and girls favourite male from Bodhis stuff?

16 Likes

Ditto. I’ve grown wookie, SL, appy, g13/hp and a few others. As far as the main ones, appy is a slight favorite over snow lotus. I’d really be curious what some others think about the not so popular males? Like maybe the strawberry milk or OMG?

8 Likes

Yeah I’d be keen trying more off his SSDD male if the Sunshine 4 is anything to go off

8 Likes

He is still using the SSDD male; at the least he has new testers in the list from it.

9 Likes

https://overgrow.com/t/patiently-waiting-for-new-bodhi-testers/21455/23

5 Likes

By far the 88g13hp male. That dad is awesome and all the progeny is also. Super frosty knockout indica nugs with killer terps depending on the mom. Super easy to grow also ime.

I’ve tried a couple Snow Lotus and SSDD and Dragonsblood F3 crosses and while they were very nice they just didn’t call my name the same way.

8 Likes

I heard his SSDD male died a couple years ago but he still has testers. I know the Appy male is dead, the Super Silver Haze male is dead, the Yo Mama male and female are dead, maybe the Temple males gone too and I thought the Snow Lotus was retired but crosses keep coming out for it too.

I have grown Bodhi strains using the Appy, Snow Lotus, Wookie, SSDD, 88G13HP, Super Silver Haze males and can’t find fault with any of them. They all possess unique attributes and my favourites are the SSDD, 88G13HP, Wookie. If you want something sticky and dripping in frost but let’s the mother shine though go with SSDD, want heavy indica Dom and tight nugs go with 88G13HP, if you want heavy terps Dom the Wookie.

19 Likes

Thanks for that. Solid info and the 3 males I noted were most used in this round of testers. Along with Purple Unicorn and the Strawberry Milk.

10 Likes

What 50state said about the SSDD male, long gone, freezer crosses still being tested for release. Bodhi does that since seeds dont age in deep freeze. Unless he brought out a new SSDD male and ain’t mentioned it to nobody.

My favorite bodhi males are:

88g13hp coz it preserves the unique qualities of moms but adds vigor, structure, frost + big potency, and pest/mold resistance. A common misconception is ppl say he’s too dominant or kills the terps of the mom but I dont think so, they were growing out the deadly g varieties from a years back. My exp. with the current 88g13hp male has been real good, couldnt ask for more. I think the last 88g13hp daddy that was too dominant was the deadly g daddy 7-8 years ago. Bodhi talks about this in one of his interviews. Thanks @n8tiveguy for everything you done for the community.

Wookie for the extreme frost and terps, compact, branchy structures. Only issue with this dad is the smaller bud size and leafy growth on some crosses, but it ain’t that bad. Not like grinspoon bad. lol

Kashmir Azad for the special highland sativa effects you just cant find anywhere else. Looking for something unique? Grab a cross with that guy. Half the phenos will be longer flowering, half will be shorter, but theys all great! Thanks to @Barefrog for bringing this to the world thru bodhi.

The Iraqi male gets honorable mention. He ain’t been in much but what he hits is mind fire. So much that Stray’s best stuff has a different male from the same generation in it.

Another honorable mention is the pipeline hashplant male, not stable so his stuff werent never released, but produces stuff like this https://www.rollitup.org/t/hawaii-growers.56670/page-736#post-13396629

Now my least favorites are the OMG male (leafy, foxtailed buds, less stable), SSDD male coz he brings that finicky side of the SSDD, Appalachia coz of small buds dominated by chem flavors, and least of the least is Snow Lotus coz of his dominant sativa effects and slight build.

16 Likes

I haven’t grown enough to make a fair appraisal…yet😁. I think it’s cool that y’all have different favorites. I do know none of them I’ve tried have disappointed. The RkU wasn’t the greatest next to sm at first but a few months in jar and damn that’s good too. Got another delivery coming from glg. Grabbed wookie crosses If that counts as a vote.

6 Likes

I’ve grown a few of the wookie crosses, and it seemed to me they were all pretty fast flowering. I’m curious if others have the same thought? It would be nice to find a few of his faster flowering strains for full season outdoor. Totally agree with Orange on the wookie. Completely amazing terps, but I don’t like the bud size and sometimes the offspring get a little leafy/funky imo.

5 Likes

Thanks for this post @orange … can’t wait to run a few more Wookie crosses

5 Likes

I’m excited to grow some wookie x now :smiley:

4 Likes

Great writeup, thank you.

5 Likes