When to un tie plants

My Outdoor ( White Banner/Crop King) is tied down and branching nicely looks healthy. I did not early start them so they are not overcrowded at the moment. The benefit of keeping them tied they look less tempting to onlookers. I hide them behind a short wall made of lumber. I am not sure when flowering will start( Ottawa/Quebec) I have pre-flowers recently. Any ideas?

8 Likes

Pictures would be beneficial.

We need to see how these plants are visible to onlookers before anyone can give honest, reasonable advice.

4 Likes

Keep them tied down until harvest :v:

3 Likes

i know sorry had to charge a phone, just posted up pics.

1 Like

Looking nice they sure seem to be liking your bondage and or the weather . Going to be some nice buds come fall hopefully the weather holds out to finish .

2 Likes

Thanks. and if my weekly visiting deer who likes my raspberry’s leaves them alone, I am forest edge so I get various critters.

3 Likes

They will probably start flowering in the next 3-4 weeks. Take a piss around them that helps scare off the deer.

1 Like

so do i keep using veg solution at full amounts until then? or weed them off it before the fertilizer change?

1 Like

I grow organic no till so I dont have to think about these things, I would say wait until you see pre flowers starting, and then switch over to the flowering nutes. They will be using N through the stretch but its not so dramatic outside, compared to inside growing as the time change is gradual.

1 Like

hmm noticed my 1st pr-flowers week, week n half ago.

1 Like

I must be more northerly than you, mine don’t start until mid August but that may also be strain dependant.

If you are using micro nutrients, then they will be absorbed quickly so you could do it when they have buds just starting to develop.

I use macro nutrients in no till, so it can take a couple of weeks before my amendments start to kick in, so I usually add higher p and k when I flip the lights growing inside, and when the buds are starting to show growing outside.

1 Like

i am slighty more north then ottawa but a tree line may be shortening my photo period. not really sure. I am using pro mix micro and general hydroponics 3 part including micro, so yes.

2 Likes