Where does the word Rodelization come from?

Is it a known word in botany or is it specific to cannabis cultivation? Does anybody know who coined the word and if so what is it’s origins based on?

Thanks in advance!

(I have tried to google the word but can only find cannabis based topics)

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve heard of it. Seems to be associated with Soma. I’ll have to do some digging to see if I can find any more info on it.

1 Like

Soma? (okay I just came across that information, interesting, but I’d like to know more) Keep me posted, all digging I’ve done hasn’t yielded anything but cannabis related topics hahahaha PUN!

1 Like

I think this is what your asking for.

2 Likes

Nope, not even close :stuck_out_tongue: maybe you should read the question again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t think that’s what he’s looking for. Rodelization is keeping un-pollinated female plants alive way past normal harvest times in hopes that they turn hermaphrodite.

8 Likes

Seeing as Soma coined it I may try and contact him or his people to get some more insight into the origins of the word.

Well isn’t that an interesting topic. . . My new thing I learned for the day :v:awesome

2 Likes

This from a guy using coco who is going to go hydro “next” grow.

Lol love it.

1 Like

Wait? What did I do wrong? Why the hostility? Hahaha is everything okay at home?

3 Likes

Its been a long time since I’ve seen this type of topic surface. I will tell you anything you want to know. I would like to know why you want to use such an old dated technique when their are better ways now.

3 Likes

I have a question then, why did they come up with this technique in the first place? To get feminised seeds before CS or STS etc? Without getting a hermie before harvest? I didn’t do my homework on this topic yet lol but this seems like it would be very interesting to try
@GrapeApe

1 Like

The techniques were to keep a plant in flower after harvest. Also they interrupted the dark cycle with light changes in flower. Hopefully we can get @SpeesCees to explain this better.

1 Like

To answer the question :

It takes many harvests before you really get to know a particular strain. Just like getting to know human friends, it takes time. I have grown strains for a decade and am truly getting to know every nuance the different plants exhibit. I can recognize them from a distance. I must say that I get a lot of help from my friends, both in making seeds and learning new and better ways of working with this sacred plant.

I named this new method “Rodelization” after a friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plant in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male “bananas”. A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built in safety factor so in case of sever conditions, the plant can make sure that the species is furthered.

Off course Soma’s feminized seeds are maded with STS since the begin ^^ And at the very begin, he sold only reg seeds (at the higher price of the dutch market back in the days). He’s well known now by the Amnezia Haze, but more by his NYCD at the begin. He has tryed to create a church and a cult too, and barely launched an “organic” trend in EU growers with his book on it.

6 Likes

Some people just do not like it when they think they are displaying knowledge and it is pointed out they are doing the opposite.

It seems a common reaction.

I know things that on the surface contradict ‘what everyone just knows’ because I question everything, even things I think I know, and sharing that knowledge has resulted in similar reactions.

Myself, I am interested in finding out new concepts, and old concepts, and which are valid real things that can benefit a grower. If that contradicts something I ‘just know’ that is even better.

6 Likes

Well… interesting, but not THAT interest !
Let’s start with : I was 3 times trying to have a discussion with Soma.
That all went ok until I did start about genetics and or grow technics.
If you start about that… he’s putting up his bio face and there’s coming almost no more word out of his mouth.
Soma does have a nice charisma… but try to talk to him and you will get nothing out of him.
Bio Bio Bio… it’s the only thing that’s bubbling out of his mouth.
I like things who’re clear.
And Soma in person isn’t clear at all.

SpeesCees

3 Likes

@Kigganiller he doesn’t post often because he doesn’t like to be wrong. You, my friend. Just seen a unicorn. Lmao.

(Side note @Kigganiller wtf is up with your name? I don’t know that I can report someone’s handle but neither can I smack you through a computer so I’m at a loss for the next step here.)

3 Likes

Holy crap I just noticed that. Yeah, if that means what I think it means NOT COOL.

Actually it has nothing to do with being wrong, and everything to do with people acting like an ass when you are trying to help.

My original post was based on the question about the word it’s self, and as one person pointing out I did not know this word. Why would I, making fem seeds is the furthest thing from my mind as I have seen in the past about an 80% inner sexing theme going on.

You’ll notice the word I used “think” meaning I was not sure if this was where the word stemmed from but trying to be helpful now has four people posting on my behalf.

I’m starting to see why veterans of this site are disappearing every week. Seems one can not post in any threads lately without some princess getting butt hurt or some smart ass comment.

8 Likes

@LED_Seedz

I was pointing out that you’re very specific with your choice of words, and you never post without knowing what you’re talking about. That’s why I said we just seen a Unicorn, to emphasize to a new member – who clearly has some growing up to do – that he should not make a judgement about your intelligence or experience based on that one post.

2 Likes