Where is Jim Ortega?

Where is Jim Ortega?? Anyone know what happen to him and the genetic lines that he created over the years?
I’m not seeing real evidence of his existence. Not sure if he’s alive or has passed away. Any help to find Jim Ortega would be greatly appreciated.
(Pic) Maple leaf seeds

30 Likes

Last I know of him being on the internet was 2011 as “Dogless” on THCFarmer, and before that ICMAG maybe RIU. That username was confirmed by Nevil to be him. Said he just got his medical card and had trouble remembering anything before that AKA isn’t going to talk about it. Seemed pretty combative, stopped posting AFAIK.

7 Likes

Some people prefer to stay in the shadows 🥷

14 Likes

He is about still. But usually keeps himself to himself. He’s a oldschool head am im sure has other things to keep himself bizzy rather than the internet.

7 Likes

Are those seeds from dogless or sensi seeds maple leaf indica ? Would be cool to see any picture of the plants from them if possible please.

7 Likes

He’s definitely around, my mentor knows him pretty well and they talk here and there. I second @NIGHTMARE in wanting to see some maple leaf plants! That’s one I’d love to have in the stable

10 Likes

I’ll post the ML pics soon. :+1:
Jim is definitely greatly appreciated by me, his work in creating phenomenal strains over the years.

8 Likes

I believe Jim ortega passed away a few years ago.

3 Likes

I seen some places are selling his genetics still. Hate to hear he has passed away.

Would it be possible to ask him what he used to make the MDS? :grinning:

2 Likes

Jim mixed all his best Mexican sativas, he was fascinated with highland Guerrero. It was famous for its Garlic, onion aroma.

Is that MDS?

(Pic) Ortega HP genetics

21 Likes

@GregOG Yes, MDS.
First year growing pure sativas. I am also growing Oaxaca. If they finish successfully, i will try growing Acapulco Gold next year.

2 Likes

Right on man, I’ve got some IBL Oaxacan.

I hear ya man been a long time since I grew Sativa’s myself. Finally put some out this year.

I’ve been searching for MDS for a long time. Very honored to see one growing. Thanks for posting! :dove:

6 Likes

Finally got the Maple Leaf seeds going.

This is the pre Soviet Union invasion Mazar-i-Sharif. I’ve had low germ rates but switched to Gauze Sponges for an increase with low germ rate seeds.

With the Gauze Sponges I no longer need to cover the top with plastic wrap, this allows more oxygen into the germination process, to ensure great plants, it’s a must to use 15 gallon containers with 5 inches of soil to get the best root zone for every seeding…

23 Likes

@GregOG What’s your technique with the gauze sponges?

Open air in a glass bowl or square glass pan. Place seeds in between 2 Tru-absorb Gauze Sponges.

6 Likes

Day 2 Ancestral Skunk. I added a little hydrogen peroxide to my water, no presoak, just wetted it, then left it in open air, thats a lot germed in 2 days for Ancestral Skunk. Especially seeing them actually emerge so fast compared to the last set I germinated. @Swe-can

I’ve had great success with this method and it ensures oxygen during germination.

The Maple Leaf I added labs 3rd day to encourage germination, it also had issues germinating. It’s been solved with the Gauze Sponges method.
No chemicals used and they are looking good :dove:

12 Likes

Maple leaf update August 31st.
Looking like I need to transplant it soon.

18 Likes

Pardon the interruption…you looking for MDS, including Packaging? Glad to send you a “Half Pack”. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: NOTE: Genuine, certified MDS!!! PM “personals”, outbound by next mid-week.

10 Likes

Man that is freaking awesome @misterbee Speechless brother :dove::100::fist_right::fist_left::100::dove:
You’re a legend my friend!!

Stopped in to show how the Maple Leaf is doing and very happy with that news
:100::dart:

Time for me to transplant after germination in 5 inches of soil and a large container, I’ve got a fish pond container I’m throwing this Maple leaf in.
Should give it lots of room to grow, then one day, tear the house down and let it flower outside lol.
I’m hoping it’s a male, super potent aroma and vigorous growth. This needs to pollenate many future Maple leaf lines I’m running now, and many other strains that need a sticky resinous upgrade will get this genetic introduced.

I’ve already raised 1 Maple leaf seed outdoors, it’s incredible the aroma and resinous coating. I’m growing to create an IBL line from the remaining seeds I have, hoping to get genomic testing during all my breeding projects as well Happy harvest season everyone!:dove:

17 Likes