Where to buy clones in California?

$60 a quarter, while still cheaper than the hey days of black market, is still expensive compared to Oregon legal weed. I bought my last Qtr Oz here of top shelf Kona Gold for $25 out the door. So that is 1980 weed prices again ($100/oz). Now, I have a medical card so I do not pay sales taxes, and it was on special. Most weed shops here have daily sales. Like a Monday edibles 10% discount, Tuesday top shelf 15% discount, etc. WA and OR have cheap legal weed. I can usually find $3 grams on sale here.

6 Likes

Sixty a quarter isnā€™t so bad for around here, considering that I have 20 different known strains to choose fromā€¦ sometimes they are California hype strains, like White Runtz. Funny name, but a really nice tasty & stony strain.

We have mids available for what youā€™re paying in Oregonā€¦ and coincidentally, itā€™s mostly Oregon outdoorā€¦ not exactly top shelf, but itā€™s still good enough to get your head right.

1 Like

Let us know what part of California. Iā€™m Northern and can make referrals.

Clone Bros is a HUGE waste of time and space. We ran six strains and there were NO keepers. Tangie, Valley OG, WiFi, Sweet Dreams, all sucked ass.

Dark Heart is a joke other than they have healthy tissue culture clones. NOT verified. For example, their SFV isnā€™t legit. Lots and lots of fluff in their marketing and they supply a lot of Northern dispos.

Phinest is legit in my area. SCCC carries their clones for about $25 which is a steal compared to the shitty germination of their overpriced seeds. They have really bad customer service and a lot going downhill since Jai died.

Purple City Genetics has good clones in the East Bay but mostly hype strains with a 30 minute buzz. I grew out their Purple Fig and laughed it off in the end. Looked like frosty purple miss with very weak high.

You can always hit up Harborside but youā€™d have a better chance getting something better from Craigslist.

I would personally find a local growmie, pop seeds, or aim for Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa or maybe a place like Node labs in Petaluma would sell clones.

FWIW, I think Wonderland closed. I think Kevin is still doing his thing but the B&M nursery is gone. Correct me if that is false.

5 Likes

I believe Harborside still gets their clones from Dark Heart.

3 Likes

Cloud city clones has alot of amazing strains Iā€™d like to get my hands on but they have a 25 plant minimum. They have at least 5 strains Iā€™d grab right now if I could.
Sfv og
Bruce banner
Pre 98 bubba
Black cherry soda
Trap star
Alot of good genetics if there if there cuts are legit, Iā€™m ready to grab a bunch from them if I can ever afford it

1 Like

Ya, they raised the minimum. 2018 I did a run of cloud citys MK Ultra and Animal Cookies.
The MK was gassy and gooey. Wish I had taken cuts.

1 Like

I received a clone list sent by a friend from a private grower he knows that has 19 different strains to choose from. Itā€™s a pretty dank list by any standard and thereā€™s two that really stand out to meā€¦ itā€™s the Chocolope Grape Diesel and Black Water.

How in the hell does he expect me to choose from that many strains?
I might as well break out my seed collection and decide on ONE strain/cross to growā€¦ like thatā€™s a possibility, in and of itself! I havenā€™t grown just one strain at a time in more than thirty yearsā€¦ I prefer divers grows, and picking one or two strains is really difficult for me to accomplishā€¦ thereā€™s simply too much to choose from!

7 Likes

Most likely. I havenā€™t stepped in that place since they gave all of us vendors silly little wooden tokens and made us stand in line like monkeys to pawn our wares on consignment.

F@#$ Deangelo and his little girl pigtails.

Iā€™m happy to help out but he has to come to the Sacramento area

4 Likes

I bought 5 clones from Mama Funk in Southern Cali. She no longer ships, (local sales only I hear) but her clones and CS were great. CLEAN, great genetics and now she has a bigger minimum.(more than what I boughtā€¦I think 10 clones now?) I grew them all out and pollinated branches on each with @BOG Sour Grape pollen and kept some of her genetics in my collection. I paid $20 each.

7 Likes

Nice list of places to buy clones in NorCal.

As for Wonderland Nursery, they are indeed closed. Google reports that they are ā€œpermanently closedā€ online. The Wonderland web site just hangs. They posted about a year ago that they were changing everything over to TC cloning in a lab setting. In that post Jodrey said that cuts were prone to degradation over time. I believe the opposite myself, as I have been working with bamboo TC vs divisions for years, and TC is not as robust as divisions, at least with bamboo species.

2 Likes

Tissue culture is more prone to mutations in all honesty, it was explored by commercial horticulture in the 80s and was determined to have to many issues. Itā€™s the current fad in cannabis but cuts are better long term when kept correctly.

2 Likes

Yeah, she said she had to raise minimum purchase to compensate for loss of Mail Order Sales. Iā€™m telling you, I was ALWAYS satisfied with her service ( a Holy Grail bit the dust several days after transplantingā€¦she replaced it, reshipping TO MAINE!!!). I will ALWAYS hold her in high regards. Yours look amazing, BTW. Cheers!!

2 Likes

@Heritagefarms, I have been researching cannabis tissue culture ad naseum for my final MBA project. Do you have a citation?

1 Like

I worked in an Orchid Lab in Miami Florida back in 1984 doing Meristemming/Tissue Culture

for Jones and Scully

it is a pretty standard way to propagate orchids

never saw any problems with it but who knows

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

I donā€™t have one saved right off hand but Iā€™m sure I can find some info for you in a few days, having some dental work done will be absent from the world next 48hrs or so.

1 Like

a good read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=hemp+tissue+culture&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

2 Likes

Iā€™ve chatted with the folks that do Scarlet. They are pumping out 5 million clones a year with minimum orders of 10k. No price breaks until 100k plants and a clause that prevents customers from keeping the genetics so they have to buy more the next year.

Good luck with the dental procedure and a speedy recovery to you. If you get around to the citation Iā€™d dig seeing it. Iā€™ll share it with my peers.

1 Like

It seems I got passed over for the Lavender seed project, so I ordered a few clones to help ease my sadnessā€¦

I ordered three of them for $15 each.

Blackwater ā€¦ (Mendo Purps x SFV OG Kush)

Chocolope Grape Diesel ā€¦ (Chocolate Thai x Cannalope Haze) x (Grapefruit x NYCDiesel)

Rainmaker ā€¦ (Citral Skunk x Mandarin Skunk)

I think these will help ease my painā€¦ and maybe Iā€™ll be able to trade for some Lavender seeds later on.

6 Likes

Iā€™m sure some lavender seeds will find there way to you and many others here once the project is done :grin: it came together faster then expected, i plan to gift alot of my portion of the f2s to seabring and other members here.

1 Like