WHF’s Jungle Adventure! 🐒

Welcome everyone to my little jungle project while we survive quarantine this will be my first grow diary but this is only the beginning!

I’m growing some Sativa bag seeds not the best genetics but definitely good enough to appease my boredom :laughing: this is probably the worst time to be growing in Costa Rica it’s currently the rainy season but im addicted to growing so i’ve decided to see if they’ll flower in some 3 liter bottles hopefully it’ll kinda work as a mini greenhouse hahaha either way they’ll be fun to look at until October

Around mid October or early November i’m gonna be getting some better genetics, vegging indoors and hopefully grow some big beautiful ladies outside :fire: :fire_engine:

15 Likes

At least you seem to be in the perfect environment to grow sativas, much luck with them and hope you will finally have a decent harvest, following your steps … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

Love me some sativa, I’ll be following this. Do you know what strain it is?

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a great place for Sativa’s one of the reasons I’m looking forward to hopefully preserving that SSSDH that Swe can wanted to grow. Sadly I’m an indica guy but with a light cycle of 12/12 all year long vegging inside and flowering outside works wonders I really wanna build a greenhouse during the summer here.

Do you know what strain it is?

@Guitarzan Sadly I don’t but it’s got a funky cheesy fruit smell to it, only thing I knew was that it was grown outdoors here i’m tryna get some branded seeds but hell man 40-60$ for 3 fucking seeds down here is the common price lol… i’m tryna get a friend in the state’s to send me some beans

3 Likes

I guess you have a lot of humidity, that’s delicate for indicas, that greenhouse looks like a great idea if you’ve got a good airflow … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Humidity is a pain in the ass, however when I first got here I grew some dispensary indica bagseed and they to my surprise flowered & ended up great I was growing in 5 gallon buckets got about an ounce, the bud was really nice… sadly like an idiot I killed my male :crying_cat_face:

i’m hoping to have some better genetics vegged up and planted by December, there’s a beautiful spot on this mountain with lots of sun and tons of airflow i’m super hyped to show everyone!

5 Likes

Sweet! My wife and I want to move to CR for a while. At least it’s an idea we’ve tossed around.

You lived there your whole life, or moved there?

5 Likes

I asked @MadScientist & the youtube videos scared me away. Same price as Hawaii & everyone hates you. :roll_eyes:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

What youtube videos?

We’ve been a few times and everybody was really nice. We didn’t even stay in the really touristy areas. Just not friendly toward Americans, or what? I mean I get it… I wouldn’t want us either lol.

6 Likes

Moved here Jan 1st 2019 so almost 2 years now I absolutely love it here! Friendly people, lots of stuff to do & a completely different attitude from New Mexico went from the desert to the tropics it feels like another planet sometimes lol still feels like disney world when I drive around :laughing:

Depends on how you live but yeah it’s pretty pricey normally… Sorry to hear you were treated badly i’ve had nothing but positive experiences maybe it’s just the area you were at maybe? Most Ticos and locals have that “pura vida” vibe and are super nice the only issues I hear about is maybe a robbery but then again I don’t live in the big city so it might be a different experience there.

ngl when I was a kid in Hawaii I was treated far far worse than any Tico has ever treated me, when I was 5-6 years old I got mangos thrown at my head by racist phillipinos if I had to choose Hawaii or CR I would pick CR every time

7 Likes

It’s nice to hear a counterpoint to my impressions, but I haven’t been, only dreamt of 75F yr round after being in Sacramento, a milder version of NM or Vegas. :desert:

2 Likes

You can visit Costa Rica, nothing will happen to you. I showed you the videos because it’s something no one does around here.

I wanted to yell you the truth.

But when USA is listed off the black list for travel, I got some flowers for you down here.

6 Likes

This video is very on point, "this is their country not yours, they don’t care about your preconceptions "… a lot of gringo’s come down here thinking it’s like Florida it’s not you gotta be on your toes & aware of your surroundings if you do that you’re gonna be fine :smiley:

I fully agree about getting a lawyer, absolutely realize that you’re going into a place where you’re going to get gringo taxxed, you are gonna be a target for someone who might want to steal something & remember you are a minority if you get into a court battle with a tico you’re at a disadvantage.

Bureaucracy is king down here especially when building if you’re not willing to deal with the struggles of waiting months to get water or the engineering college to give you permits just buy. Personally though we had a wonderful experience we found great builders had a really awesome property lawyer and luckily made sure to buy the right property with access to water… But like he says in the video this is not the case for most

I really respect you for admitting the faults of CR & I think those videos are definitely useful to see for someone who thinks they’re gonna just come down here and it’ll be easy… But honestly I have absolutely nothing but love and respect for this country and the people within it :heart:

5 Likes

I DEMANDED it! :joy: …& appreciate it very much. Exactly what I needed to hear. I’m a gringo & even I don’t like us! :laughing:

4 Likes

I feel the that more than you could know :skull: :laughing:

5 Likes

IT’S ALLIIIIIIVE!

9 Likes

Little update, having a bitch of a time getting plants to germinate but this lady is doing alright… I’ve decided to work on the greenhouse a little sooner hopefully that’ll be up either this month or October. I want to do a Sea of Green thinking about buying a few cuttings and just blow it up :exploding_head:

for the soil i’m just using some local horse farmers stuff & about 1/3 is coco coir to help it drain better super easy to find coco down here

8 Likes

Goin well topped and moved to a bigger pot

7 Likes

Looking good Arriba|nullxnull , now time for some LITFA … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Finally got plates so excited to make rosin

6 Likes