Which strain you recommend to make bubble ice hash?

Which strain and why ?

Flavor? Yield ? Taste ? Appearence?

Tell me everything!! dont hide anything!

5 Likes

How about Gorrila Glue or Big Bud?

3 Likes

Very resinous dank buds

1 Like
  1. Giant trichome heads for easier/cleaner separation
  2. looser buds to get the good stuff out with minimal bud breaking, leading to less contaminants
  3. drops almost all heads on the first wash, again less chance to introduce plant matter. Meaning highest quality.

Taste is personal but I tend to favor the full flavored manly stuff, piney gassy is my shit

Appearance, well… if you are strictly making hash,it doesn’t matter what the flowers look like, look for the above 3 points

And yield, again find the highest quality resin plant and adapt your grow method to squeeze all you can in a given space…

Something like this, but with bigger heads would make you the hash king, good luck

Tom hill old north indian line

Sour lifesaver (photo by hammerhead genetics)
Sour lifesaver by hammerhead

As a general rule of thumb, strains with a strong heritage from old hash making countries will give you a better chance at finding something proper :grinning:

18 Likes

If you perform something like this, then you can see for yourself if it’s a good producer or not.

You need some kind of tools though. The higher the count in that area, the higher the hash yield. Each plant has to be tested individually.

8 Likes

Any strains nowadays will work for bubble hash…

2 Likes

oh nice! Hey I have new data. The number of trichomes on a single bud directly correlates with the hash yield. It’s not even about what the plant “looks like” to the human eye, because we can’t really see details less than .5mm or 500microns/μm. I grow this plant you would tell me is total crap. Except it makes huge yields of fabulous hash.

See this primal nugget? Not a good hash producer.

See these scrubby plants with hardly any sparkle? They are the true producers of yummy full melt bubble. Vast quantities, and I’ve been growing that strain since 2017.
The secret is this: there are far more, shorter, trichomes with caps on the scrubby looking big bud plants. The meat breath plant has super tall trichomes 1000ÎĽm tall, so they are popping in the human eye with their size. Yet have fewer trichomes per bud and yield less hash.

19 Likes

Ty for the explanation

Paps

3 Likes

Thanks! I worked on that study for 2 years.

4 Likes

I love when someone revive my topics but when its happen with this type of valuable information, it is fabulous!!

Thanks @JoeCrowe for ever come with valuable information and detailed studies!! I am in debt with you for many times that you never knew! lol

Thanks OG for existing <3 Have a great week everybody! Later I will show some bubble hashs that I made in last months :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The best I’ve ever yielded is around 9%

More often it’s 6-7.

It’s hard to gauge though. How much bud how much trim collection process bag size etc.

As for strain recommendations, we’ll, I don’t really have any :+1:

2 Likes

Papaya or GMO always seem like winners for concentrate

2 Likes

Strawberry Banana has treated me well :ok_hand:

1 Like

Im sure itll differ for everyone according to what tastes and effects you like.
Sativa’s for that electric psychedelic uplifting effect & Indicas for the more narcotic calming vibe…
And of course maybe a hybrid for something that offers a blend of the two.

1 Like

@Sodapop thanks for sharing your experience… my last cycle I grew 1 citrus gmo from @DougDawson and I should to say, I never saw huge trichomas like that in my life… ahahaha, really… they are really huge! Now I need to test that papaya one :slight_smile:

@Frimpong the banana in the name already caught my attention :slight_smile:

@Skyf I tottaly agree, but in my last months of experience, the indicas that I grew was the most “sugared” ones, and then make the bigger yield of hash than the colombia gold of my first cycle.

3 Likes

Funny you say that , was looking around in garden and realizing how many strains that have Banana OG in them . Truly a great cultivar. :ok_hand:

Hey I got a strange idea… what if we posted some results of the extractions we did here? How many wet grams went in(or dry) Vs the bubble yield produced? That could slap some data on this baby and reveal some answers.

4 Likes

sounds great Joe!! I always visit your topics to get some valuable information!! it will be a honor transform this one in a valuable thread! I can add some infos as well… I made bubble hash 3 times since I created here.

This one I made with 2 plants of Crem de la chem auto that I earned from an OGer here…
I didn dried the plant, I cut it, leave it on the fridge and extract 2 or 3 days later… This one was the best production that I made… I will search the pictures about the last hash I made with trim material of all plants from the last cycle.

5 Likes

here are a few: from " House of the Great Gardener" --barbara Bud (shishkaberry x Ghani AF) and Rene (himalyan x skunk #1) these are very terpey !!! you want a very terpy strain like InHouseGenetics" unless you want to use landrance/heirloom strains to get to the orginal base strain hash.

4 Likes

may not be a good hash producer but hot damn she is a beauty.

2 Likes