White widow X Destroyer New Room Test Grow

Getting a new grow room and tent set up. This will be a post bypass surgery rehab grow.

This will be a 4 bucket rdwc setup and for the test run I’m popping 10 white widow x destroyer beans made last year. First time growing under led - spider farmer 4000

I’ll get some pictures up later when there’s something interesting to see.

24 Likes

Good luck with your surgery!

5 Likes

Hello again,
Placed 10 ww x destroyer seeds into rockwool cubes and into my version of a dome with heating mat under. 3 days later and 8 of 10 have broke the surface.
Today is day 4, still hoping the other 2 pop but not holding my breath.

Once the roots show out the bottom I’ll move these into my cloner/rooter for early veg.

13 Likes

Last 2 popped out of the rockwool this afternoon. 100% germ rate on these.

4 Likes

Change of plan sort of. Looks like I’m building a new DWC bucket system and will make it 6 buckets instead of 4. It will still be a re-circulating system but not really aggressively re-circulating. Waiting on some bulkhead fittings to be able to complete the setup.
Having more trouble than I expected trying to control the temp in this 4X4 tent. I have 1 440cfm fan for extraction and one 440cfm fan for intake. With the spider farmer 4000 the temps are hanging at 85F with it completely closed up and with 1 side half open temp stays at 80F. I need to streamline my ducting and reduce the length by about half which should greatly increase my ventilation. Thinking about hooking up a small window ac unit for the room also.

Anyway, moved all of the little ones into the rooting tub yesterday and they are happy so far.

Hopefully they continue to be happy. Once they have established some decent roots I’ll add some very weak nutes to the tub.

9 Likes

So, little update for this week.
Still in the veg tub and have been on full strength veg nutes for a few days now.
Got the temp issue sorted out and am now running in the mid 70’s 24/7.
I think the growth is a little slower under LED than under my 400w hps but I haven’t grown this cross before so who knows. The roots look great .
Gonna have to cut the numbers down soon. I’ll probably cull the one on the top right first. Don’t know whats going on with the leaves but it was like that when those leaves first grew. Haven’t changed at all since then. New leaves all normal. Oh well.

Stay safe and grow more.

9 Likes

I have the very same light…good choice

1 Like

Well, it’s my first try with a LED.
My available space was just too small to deal with the crazy heat from my 400w or 1000w HPS.
Hopefully it won’t hurt the quality of my end product.

1 Like

I have mine in a 3’ x 5’ space with an 4" cloudnine fan / controller and carbon filter and run around 82 degrees with no intake. When I open the intake it drops to 75 degrees pretty easily. When using led its actually better to keep temps slightly warmer.
I did plenty of research before buying mine and was absolutely shocked at the massive buds the light can produce. Good luck

6 Likes

Looking good! Keep up the good work ! :smiley: You will like LED :wink:

1 Like

The rate of growth is ramping up nicely. Moved them to 4 site buckets for the rest of their veg period. They are under fluorescent lights now while the flower room is prepared.
Clones will be taken and all sexed so I can be sure to fill all the spots in the flower room.
So far I’m liking the way this cross is growing.

Stay safe, Grow more.

9 Likes

Things were getting a little crowded in the 3 veg buckets so I moved the 6 healthiest looking into individual buckets in the tent. Will be taking clones from all of them tonight.

Sad room…

Happy room…

Stay safe. Grow more.

11 Likes

Is the room still happy? :eye: :eye:

3 Likes

Well, it’s back to happy again. After the transplant into the tent all but one of the six tried to die. I didn’t take cuttings because I didn’t want to stress them any more than they already were.
They have all recovered, for the most part. I am planning to trim the dead away and finally take cuttings and top them all.
I’ll have pictures later.

Stay safe, grow more.

2 Likes

So, topped and cleaned up the plants in the tent. Took clones from all the plants also.

Switched to 12/12 light cycle today.

before topping and clone taking.

After top removal and clones, sexy.

Has been switched to bloom nutes and added a bit of mg.

Stay safe, grow more.

8 Likes

In the jungle, the mighty jungle the gardener sleeps tonight… looks awesome. I’m curious though, those tops are lookin outta wack. It’s been 4 days, did you work that out?

1 Like

4 days, a little mag in the control bucket, and a top up with fresh bloom nutes and things are looking better.

The 2 center and 2 right are all showing female, other 2 aren’t showing anything yet.

A little closer on the 4 females.

And the 2 as yet unknown.

You do have to be on top of any problems in hydro as things can go to crap fairly quick. Good thing is if you treat the problem quickly it snaps out of it pretty quick too.

Stay safe, grow more.

7 Likes

Major bummer today. Plants look okay but noticed some brown spots on the edges of some of the older fan leaves. Checked closer and saw some movement.

Time to bring out the nuclear option. Will bomb the whole room now before the plants start to flower.

5 Likes

damn that always sucks, is that a spider mite? wishing you the best of luck

1 Like

Oh no! I hope the nuclear option works, excellent catch. :pirate_flag: take no prisoners.

2 Likes