Who are the best or most consistent breeders?

As I mentioned in another thread, I am getting back into growing after about a 15 year hiatus. There are a lot of new breeders and strains that I have never heard of before. Who do you guys consider to be the upper echelon of breeders nowadays? By that I mean those with high quality and consistent strains.

7 Likes

I’d have to say @alphakronik.
Every strain I’ve ran from him is top notch
As well as Madd farmer if you can find them not sold out. Both are consistently dank.

7 Likes

what kinda trees you looking if your looking for chems/diesel topdawg for og i found my keeper from reserva privada og18 and for the new trendy crosses checkout in house genetics ive ran a few of their strains kept their white animal good luck happy hunting

3 Likes

thanks for the tip ive seen them on menus but never got any of their gear gonna grab something of theirs next shopping spree which do you recommend

I’d recommend snowdawg, skittleberry, any of his darkside series, cheddarwurst… really can’t go wrong he’s definitely got something for everyone.

3 Likes

I also found a marvelous, wickedly tasty, powerfully intoxicating plant from Reserva Privida’s OG #18.
However, I have heard that the currently available seeds from RP are not the same as when I grew it out around five years ago.
Oh well.

OG #18 from about five years ago:

7 Likes

I got my OG18 seeds bout 3years ago. The new packs are being sold under DNA OG18. I purchased one of the new pack bout 2 years ago I know it’s same company but perhaps different moms were used.

1 Like

Here my OG18 finishing up

7 Likes

I’ve been running a good bit of seed lately. Of my recent plantings, ETHOS has performed the most constantly. I recently planted 5 packs and was impressed enough to plant these today.
ETHOS Citral Flo Bx1
ETHOS Sour OG Cheese
ETHOS Inzane in the Membrane
ETHOS Lemon Grape Bubba Temple
ETHOS Forum Cut Cookies S1
ETHOS Member Berry
ETHOS Zour Apples
ETHOS Candyland WiFi
ETHOS Banana Hammock R1
Capitulator MAC
Bodhi Dream Lotus
The CUBE Chiquita Banango
The CUBE Chiquita Rose’
Super Skunk 96 vintage F2

3 Likes

I have never tried, but it won’t be long.

5 Likes

I have and these beans are amazing. Running the LGOGxSF. Gettin started with the GM.

My favorite breeders are all here on OG. How abou that. Helpful souls that answer my every question and behave like the excellent gentlemen they all are.

@BogSeeds @LED_Seedz and @Baudelaire. Hats off gentlemen.

HppHrvst

7 Likes

I have some FM seeds that @Jellypowered sent my way. They are going into the green house this summer.

Only heard legendary things about @BogSeeds

You must be right!

This is the place to buy high end seeds.

5 Likes

You know it my man!

+20

2 Likes

Personally those 3 have enough offerings to keep me busy. I’ve never grew anything from BOG or LED but I would not hesitate to and most likely will in the future.

I’ll let you know what I think about Ace’s genetics in a few months. So far the customer service has been good, germination rates are 100% and I’m not getting 8 different phenos from 10 seeds.

Past experience (1998 - 2002) I was very happy with what I got from Shantibaba, The Flying Dutchman and Bros. Grimm

8 Likes

Thanks for the replies everyone. I remember BOG, Flying Dutchman and Bros. Grimm were all very well respected back in the day. Some breeders mentioned I haven’t heard of.

3 Likes

I haven’t actually got Genes from anywhere but fellow growers since around 2009 but back then I was all about Mr Nice. He has all the old school genes that are the parents of most of the poly hybrids we enjoy today. I can’t say how good his stock is nowadays though but knowing Shanti baba, I’m sure it’s on point!

2 Likes

Just saying, I have had very good success with my seed orders from fleur de mal seeds from @Baudelaire on here. Enough success to keep me a repeat customer even though i’m on the other side of the pond. @bozrdang

3 Likes

Mr. Nice was another well respected breeder from back in the day. Forgot about them. Thanks!

2 Likes

Baudelaire was big on the old Overgrow, right? That name sounds familiar though I’ve never heard of the seed company you mention before.

2 Likes

Back in I think 07 I got some Shit and Ash from him. (skunk#1ibl) and (afganskunkXafganhaze)

There was lots of variation in the ash but I had this nice beauty I grew outdoors in a corn field. Beautiful plant. Good production, gorgeous flowers, great uplifting buzz with this like… Fermented mango vomit bouquet that was incredibly tasty. Wish I still had cuts…

1 Like