Who has grown autos?

So then why? what are the weak points etc. that you saw, just wondering

Iv only grown autos outside. Half didn’t do much. Just made airy wispy buds weak in potency. I also had outdoor autos make dense potent buds. The better ones are just as good as photos imo. I recently grew one that I purchased from a seed bank. It didn’t yield much but it was very good. Strong smoke smelled like mint

2 Likes

My problem was you never know what height they will start to flower, I grow in Phototrons…

2 Likes

The few(5) I grew were decent enough smoke just not impressive yielders, most gave about 2oz so. Had i been in soil instead of individual dwc buckets it seems yields would be comparable to photos with short veg time. Think they’d run nicely in sog 1plant/sqft - 2sqft

3 Likes

Oh phototrons are cool, I don’t think they make them right now

1 Like

The company is not around anymore but here’s a thread from my recent SWC/TRON grow…Matanuska Thunder Head strain…

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

There’s similar stuff on the market, just really expensive. I know I wouldn’t drop $1200 to grow one plant at a time

Just realized that’s a tower setup, but if you take the tower down it’d be basically the same thing.

I saw those…the top of the line Phototrons went for $750…I still have 1 that’s still in a box unused…I had a total of 7 of them 2 or 3 and I bought outright and the rest were given to me because I gave people clone only strains and they just gave it to me because they couldn’t make it work…

3 Likes

Just chopped my first auto, wooo!! I already never want to trim again ever , got lazy as hell in the end😂

6 Likes

Looks good! I am a very lazy trimmer.

2 Likes

Wow you are right, I’m good I need room and am fortunate enough to have a space where I can keep auto’s right out on the table. I do like not having to do 12/12 and think it is cool that when I grow a regular variety I could make seeds right there without the tent. I still will do photoperiod there are just too many wonderful strains out there. I have been reading about regular non feminized auto seeds and see they exist so my hunt begins, I see some seedbanks offer them, seems a really stable high quality smoke would be the target.

Same, I defoliate to help even. I have my first plant with internodes under 1" so that’ll be a real fun test of my trimming.

1 Like

Idk, I like flowering in 12/12 cuts 6 hours a day off my electric bill.

I picked up one of those for this next harvest. Haven’t used it yet but it has good reviews including from someone on OG.

2 Likes

Pet supplies?

I’ve tried with a regular kitchen silicone brush and it was a bit unimpressive. It was only a half assed attempt admittedly. I imagine these bristles are stiffer.

1 Like

Wtf dude, you spying on me? JUST got one delivered wed… played just a little but weed needs to dry a bit still…

Bristles are stiffer than my basting brush, fatter too. But not much stiffer. Gonna be fun to try. I hate hand cramps from scissors!

2 Likes

They are stiffer and I believe there’s a texture to them too. Some people tried both and said there was a definite difference with the cannabrush. I’ll have quite a bit of trimming in the next few weeks so I’m hoping it does good by me!

My hands have been put through the wringer for the past 25 years and it’s caught up. I play guitar and certain chord shapes make my left hand ache, trimming is miserable for me. When you grow baseball bat tentacle monsters that’s a lot of trimming! :smiley:

1 Like

I knew playing bass would be to my advantage one day! Fat strings, and minimal chords make for strong hands ROFL

It seems like the cannabrush will be rougher than a boutique trim obviously, I wonder if the buds have to be so dry that it works, but also I can see it knocking off a ton of trichs… I use a small roughneck bin to trim in so it would catch it all. I’ll see in a week or so I think…

1 Like

Yeah the people who have use it have said that the dryer it is the better it works and that it’s pretty good but not as good as a hand trim.

And bass huh? Don’t forget all the space between the strings which make life easier too.