Who has the best white widow?

Has anyone purchased white widow regular? I would like to know the best source for them

1 Like

I’ve grown WW from a couple different growers. Some were hit or miss (but I got one surprisingly great plant in a freebie pack from… CropKing gasp) but then I bought Black Widow direct from Mr Nice, and have been very happy since.

10 Likes

Ok I got black widow and ortega on the way.

3 Likes

Black Widow is no one where near what WW used to be…in my opinion

1 Like

What? Black widow is great

1 Like

Black widow is a good strong potent smoke… kind of a dreamy high

1 Like

Hey without a time machine…this is the best option right?

Never said it was bad smoke just not what I grew in the early 2000’s

1 Like

Right on. We are all looking for that special pheno. I found it one time in 21 years.

So -

I grew and smoked WW 20 years and tried to do the same thing recently.

I’m not sure it’s the same as I remember but good in it’s own way.

Amazing yielder. Perfume. Medium potency.

3 Likes

Then you never had black widow. White and black widow are basically the same thing.

I grew black widow last year and it’s good stuff…

It may be good it it’s own right. but it’s not the same parents as the original WW line. It’s a recreation with similar genetics (hopefully) but it would be like a cousin. Or half sibling at best.

Shantibabas black widow is the original white widow

1 Like

is there a dick measuring contest going on right now on white widow strains? i want in!

5 Likes

Lol. You couldn’t measure up

4 Likes

I’ll take my leave now

5 Likes

Lol. You don’t have to leave

2 Likes

Honestly unless you have had both, you wouldn’t know the difference. Also, even if it’s the original white widow, if it’s not the original breeder then they f2 (or further) the original seeds. so again, not exactly the same since it’s not a stabilized heirloom strain. F2 generally have lots of phenos, so if grown or bred from them, it’s going to deviate from the original line unless they really worked it and was very selective.

3 Likes

There’s enough stories saying that Shanti lost the original WW parents, and the new stock is just an approximation of the original… that I totally believe what your saying.
I’ve never had the original… but I would really love to get my hands on old-school WW seeds or a clone.

2 Likes