Who out there is a boater? Let's see what you got floating

Hey there OGers. So I posted a few pics of some of my boats last night that got flagged and taken down due to being off topic. Now that’s cool, since they were off topic, but hey, how about we make a new topic for all you boaters. Doesn’t matter if you are rocking a fishing boat, cruiser with a cuddy cabin, aluminum kicker, canoe, kayak or a yacht. I find all boats to be great fun so post up some pics of boats you have had fun with. Here are a couple of mine.

I named this boat the Jaftica, she was a great boat that I kept moored in Port Credit for a few years. Took many a cruise in her before I decided to get rid if her but she sure was fun to hang out on. Had a nice cuddy cabin for sleeping which made her perfect for a quick night out.

Jaftica side

25 Likes

This is a 1975 Grew Runabout that was my fathers so I have kept her alive and keep her at the lake for occasional cruises. It’s a pretty heavy boat but a great one to cruise the lake in.

22 Likes

This is my 1969 Chrysler Valiant. It was modeled after the car and was originally purchased new by my grandfather. Sadly I don’t have the original engine but the boat is still in amazing shape. Hard to believe I used to call this big red as a kid.

23 Likes

This is my 18 foot Four Winns. Bought this as a cruising boat and she is super comfortable. Great for long trips around the lake with tons of seating for everyone.

20 Likes

This was my Starcraft. I took of that motor and put on a big Merc 4 stroke. One day at the lake we had a bit of a tornado that picked her up, turned her around and dropped her on the rocks busting a big hole in the hull. I still have her but only as a motor stand really. One day I will sell the motor and scrap the boat. Had countless camping trips with this boat so it will be sad to see her go.

19 Likes

Nice looking boat
Just sold mine.
Thinking about buying something much newer

16 Likes

That’s a beautiful Sea Doo man, bet it really moved.

6 Likes

Was hoping to see this come to fruition! Wanted to make the topic myself but thought it might be seem as antagonistic.

I don’t know how to link pictures but grew up fishing off a 40’ Viking convertible sport fisher. Currently operating a 32’ aluminum catamaran suitable for deep blue. Bunches of center consoles in between.
Many blessings and much love

6 Likes

Ty DD she topped out at 65 mph
Twin turbo engines on her with v Tec engines.
She ran absolutely flawless…:+1::+1:

5 Likes

Viking make some great boats, that must have been fun to run around in. I like most things water related. Also have an aluminum boat, canoe and 4 jet skis for my water fun time. Nothing quite like being on the water.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s sure quick when you’re on the water. Love it, all the power you need to get there in a hurry but all the comfort to cruise along slowly and take it all in. Very cool.

4 Likes

She was a beauty
I didn’t want to get rid of her but unfortunately they stopped making parts for sea doo boats in 2012 when they stopped making boats :cry:
I couldn’t take the risk of something important breaking and not finding the part and get screwed with a nice boat that doesn’t run anymore :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3 Likes

My first boat was an old 17ft Sangster that was destined for the junkyard. I rescued her and did a complete restoration over the course of nearly a year. 95% of the work done by my hands, new stringers, floatation , floor, hull, everything. Loved this boat but needed something bigger for the west coast.
00z0z_62HXJgloLxW_600x450 - Copy
CATO21TV - Copy
CAUV4TE3 - Copy

Sold that one and upgraded to a 22ft Hewes extended transom
had this boat for a bunch of years for fishing and running private charters on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Sold it not too long ago to a good friend of mine and the best part is I still get to go fishin in the same boat :wink:

Can’t forget my trusty 12ft Harbercraft fishin and hunting boat. She’s all beat to hell from back country towing and a few misshaps where she parted ways with the trailer LOL but she is a good safe boat and catches fish, despite the dents and scrapes. Repowered a couple years ago with a new yamaha 6hp 4stroke.

My current project is this 19.5 foot Four Winns Freedom 195 with a rebuilt engine with a bunch of performance upgrades. Needs some carpet and seats and should be on the water next year. No time this year other than to tinker with getting the engine install completed and all the other gadjets hooked up.

14 Likes

Makes perfect sence. I didn’t want to get rid if the Jaftica either but for me, it was just a ton of expense. Most people that owned such things just sat at the dock on them and it really wasn’t my thing. I will use that name again though as it’s so fitting.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great new weed strain name :joy:

2 Likes

Do you know what it stands for because it really would?

1 Like

That’s super cool @SHSC-1 . I have the Four Winns 180 Horizon 18". They are super comfortable boats.

2 Likes

No I don’t…
First time I have ever heard of that name :thinking:

1 Like
4 Likes

Jaftica: Just another fucking thing I can’t afford. :sunglasses:

11 Likes