Who out there is a boater? Let's see what you got floating

Nice. I thought about getting a john, which is my other option. My cheapskate side says to go that way lol.

1 Like

No. Its a Nucanoe Unlimited. Super stable kayak. Ive got it rigged up with a 55lb thrust minnkota. It’ll get up to about 4mph fully loaded. Im not sure if anyone is familiar with them, but Ohio stocks Saugeyr, which is a hybrid between a river sauger and walleye. They dont get as big as walleye, but they fight 10× more aggressive and I think they taste even better than walleye. Thats mostly what i for. Do a lot of trolling with nightcrawlers and crankbaits and have pretty good success. Fishing out of the yak is defiantly a rewarding challenge.

10 Likes

oh, so you fish fish. :sunglasses:

had boats all my life, but yaks are true love. all zen until it’s time for combat. and super handy for staying away from other humans/ getting to hard to reach spots, obvs.

5 Likes

We love our Jon boats in this family. This is my 1758 Havoc River Rat. It has a 115 HP powerhead and a Jet drive lower unit. We’ve had her on plane through 2 inches of water. I’m pretty sure this is the day I got her delivered. Since then I’ve added a nice enclosed light bar, side lighting, rewired the boat, added an alternator splitter, larger fish finder, splash plate and a few other things.

7 Likes

yup… I sure do hehe
I’m surrounded by world class trout and kokanee fishing lakes around here. I use various methods including fly fishing. I love all fishing and go as often as I can. I’ve worked in sportsfishing retail, as a guide for steelhead and salmon in the rivers and a charter operator out on the west coast in the ocean. Around here I just chase kokanee and rainbows mostly but once the ice comes… I’m an ice fishing maniac LOL

4 Likes