Why do you create new threads?

Hey there OG, so I am curious, what motivates you to create new threads? With many types of people in the community there are many different patterns I have noticed, which one do you fall into? Do you think long and hard about a thing and than open a new thread to discuss it? Do you just create a new thread for every thought that pops into your head? Do you search the site for info on your interest or do you just ignore all the info here and post without bothering? This is not about judgement but more curiosity about what motivates people. I have seen some folks who rarely open new threads and their opposites that can be seen opening 3 in 5 min on totally different topics? Do you try to add substance to the community with your threads or not care about the overall picture? So I pose the question to you, what are your goals in creating new topics?

27 Likes

Says the man with 79 topics………
Not that I’m judging, just couldn’t help but notice………

Just joking with you bro…….

20 Likes

At this point I don’t think there are too many topics not put out on OG. I search my pants off before making a thread, but usually I personally just start grow diary or seed run threads for the purpose of letting people see the grow, step by step

21 Likes

My goals are usually to track and share a grow of mine that is current, others have been for fun. But I find myself sticking to my grow threads the most honestly. My goal is to get advice from other growers alike, also to share progress and happenings that occur in said grow.

16 Likes

LOL, yeah but I know why I create posts :wink: Can’t say there is a right or wrong, I am just curious.

5 Likes

I try not to create non sensible posts. I don’t always succeed I guess but I try to post informative subjects or things relevant to why we are all here.

7 Likes

Sometimes it’s something I don’t want discussed at length in my main thread.

Sometimes I’m asking for help.

Sometimes I’m bored. Or clowning a little.

But I don’t think I start threads very often.

11 Likes

I use the search bar before I post a thread. If I can’t find something, I would start a thread.
The only thread I have started this far is a grow diary.
Because for the most part, you all have it covered. :+1:
Maybe someday I’ll have something revolutionary to talk about, and I’ll start another thread.

7 Likes

6fymma

19 Likes

interesting question , Time to reword your question and start a new thread. lol

11 Likes

ROFLMAO

7 Likes

I was wondering this also. I know I am weird, but I read all the guidelines and FAQ.
When it says to read/search first. Also, to ask yourself if you are adding constructive content.

I take it seriously.

14 Likes

Depends on my mood I guess.

Sometimes I want to start a discussion when I think of something In my head :relaxed:

The question about price of gas at the pump was something that popped into my head as a legitimate discussion topic.

Other Times Maybe semi-common non-rare topics pop into my head and I’m feeling a little chatty and I’ll post without search bar as I’m more so looking to engage with the O.G
community.

4 Likes

That makes sense but we have a chat thread for any topic.

2 Likes

I do a search before I create a thread…if I don’t find what I’m looking for I create a thread…

4 Likes

That’s right. That thread is supper chatty .

1 Like

LOL, not always but that’s normally because so many start chatting in the free seeds thread and ignore it. We also got Discord. I am not here to criticize anyone, I am not the thread police. I am just legitimately curious. Every person has their own reasons and I am not qualified to say what is right or wrong, I am more whatever makes you happy.

2 Likes

Were all high man lol lets not forget that. How does that factor into your critical analyzing? I am just having fun cause I am high lol actually I do have a question for you not really related to your topic ( sorry) I noticed I was like 200 something in the S.B preservation run . I may not be a recipient I have excepted that. I worry for you though. Who covers postage? That is a few hundred bucks no?

2 Likes

Either I have a question that I think will make an interesting topic and I can’t find with search(little stuff I just pop into chat for) or I saw something neat and weed related and wanted to share.

4 Likes

LOL, nothing critical, just analyzing. There are no right or wrong answers.

As for Sour Bubble, I have no doubt the whole overflow list will be covered. It will go out in the next box which will be the fall box.

5 Likes