Why do you get high?

I get high to experience a state from reality apart from normal everyday life. I also smoke for fun when I fish or drive a tractor or drink to make everything less stressful

17 Likes

Guy to the left at the Moody Blues MSG 1978 handed me a joint and said ā€œpuff and passā€, He had grey hair and at that time I respected grey hair, so I listened. Damn thing just keeps comin around.

19 Likes

Mostly pain relief. Havenā€™t smoked in decades before I found out it can help.

9 Likes

Have you ever seen the back of a 20 dollar bill on weed man? Dude Iā€™m gonna check out the stars tonight high on weed man.

9 Likes

Usually because of marijuana, multiple times a day.

As for the deeper philosophical ā€œwhyā€? I like to put a smile on peopleā€™s faces, and Mary Jane puts the smile on mine.

9 Likes

Back in my day a dime bag cost a dime.
Willy Nelson

4 Likes

I havenā€™t even hit the mother fucker.
Snoop Dog

4 Likes

Pain relief, stress reliefā€¦there are many benefits.
It helps me with alot.

6 Likes

This is the million dollar question. ā€œWhyā€. Because of ā€˜the verveā€™

I should have added stress relief also. It builds up over the day.

2 Likes

RED TEAM GO! RED TEAM GO!

You know how much a condom cost? I donā€™t know, we didnā€™t use them.

ā€œyou know weā€™re selling this shit.ā€ thatā€™s too bad, i quit yesterday.

rewatched half baked a few days ago, lol

Iā€™m from Jamaica. What part? By the beach.

7 Likes

Because you were homeā€¦my answer to all of lifeā€™s great questionsā€¦in all seriousness I smoke/consume/use weed because of a pleathera of reasons ranging from pain relief, anxiety, boredom, can help with sleep, and sometimes just because I can. Oh and when our dog has seizures I smoke with her usually pulls her back pretty quick

5 Likes

@Deadinside88 have you tried small amounts of cannabutter? i donā€™t want to step into anything controversial but i bet that would help. (if this creates conflict iā€™ll just delete this post).

2 Likes

For the little dog? I usually infused peanut butter made with either cannabutter or infused coconut oil . Have talked about it a few threads on here.

1 Like

Iā€™m an ADD overthinkerā€¦ 10,000 thoughts an hour is tiresome. Cannabis slows that down to 1,000 an hour, much more managableā€¦

Depending on the strain and my mood, I want either focus (hard to believe it does that, but it does), or something more euphoric / happy / inspirational.

I will overanalyze the shit outta stuff if I am out of weed for any extended period of time, and mentally thats exhausting. And the ā€œLook! A Squirrel!ā€ kind of distraction happens more like I am in a room of 10,000 squirrels and I NEVER get shit done. Cannabis centers me and allows me to stay focused on some tasks long enough to get shit doneā€¦

16 Likes

Pain relief, I donā€™t take pain meds unless I really have too. Been through a couple surgeries with just flower/rosin and been fine.

2 Likes

I use it to cut through the existential dread of being forced to live a life as a slave for others just to provide basic needs to keep my family alive, survival has become being a cog in many machines with essentially no way out.

These revelations lead to lots of anxiety and stress, trying to learn how to manipulate ā€œthe systemā€ and come out on top while trying to not completely waste our short lives or ourselves in the process.

Daily anxieties and stress, lack of sleep, my 1.5 hour drive in traffic and construction both ways to and from work, the job I donā€™t get paid enough to do while simultaneously doing more than all of my coworkers, my wife who doesnā€™t smoke and kids I donā€™t get to see enough, the loneliness of having virtually no long term friends partially because of moving so much partially cause I just flat out donā€™t like most humans.

Iā€™m sure if I sat here long enough I could go on forever :joy: guess the one, biggest, main reason is weed will never turn itā€™s back on you, itā€™ll always be there for you, just like my avatar says :green_heart:

22 Likes

too real man

1 Like

Because the world is getting colder.

5 Likes

I need it to take my mind off the menial sh1t I have to do over and over again. Couldnā€™t deal with it otherwise.

2 Likes