Why won’t this flower?

This plant is af northern lights x big bud and it’s day 33 and no signs of flowering that I can tell. It’s my first time getting to this stage of growth. Could it be that I got a reg seed instead of af? I thought for sure it would be in flower mode by now…

7 Likes

Looks like shes flowering to me… lets see son closer shots of the nodes

3 Likes

I see pistils too. She’s def flowering.

Autos start flowering about a month in, but you won’t actually see a small bud form for like another 2 to 3 weeks. Oh and your auto will likely take longer to be ready than the package/website you got it from says. Usually takes about another 2 weeks on top of what they say.

6 Likes

Beautiful work so far. My vote is with these two, she looks to be just getting started.

3 Likes

What pH is your bucket? What nutes are you using at what ppm?

3 Likes

Not saying this is your issue, but you need to back off the feed a bit.

Your tips are yellow. Your foliage is dark green. Plants don’t look that healthy

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys. I’m probably just being over zealous and want to see some buds lol
Hopefully in a week or 2 they’ll show…

Today is res change day but I haven’t really changed much ec is 1.5 and 750ppm and the ph is right at 6
Will be going equal parts micro, grow and bloom this feed tho

dwc? looking good bro! @SquirtleSquad pointed out overfeeding, i agree.

also tale whipping on your leaves indicate calcium shortage.

hows your ph?

when i first got into this hobby i was using 5gal bucket dwc too, i had a hellova time with keeping the ph any kind of stable, not enough nute solution.

3 Likes

I agree. The faster you get away from 5gals, which fit 3gal of water for the size netpots I use, the better.

I use about 20gal of buffer per plant now and pH is within range for up to a week.

Dry nutes are a must with this much buffer IMO. Way cheaper.

3 Likes

I think next grow I do will be amended coco mix and in 5 gal fabric pots just for convenience and ease of use. The dwc fills up my 3x4 closet with the pumps and cords and return lines so it’s not really efficient in that sense… lessons learned I guess but it’s still pretty cool to be able to grow different ways.
Also the dwc is hard to get ph stable over the first couple days of new water but I found it stabilized better if I start with a lower ph and adjust it upwards for some reason the ph up reacts better that way.

1 Like

I find the pH Up I need a lot less of to swing the same span as down. I also find the pH becoming more stable after a few pHings. If that makes sense? Never figured out why. Guess it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

i might be able to shine some light on as to why your ph becomes more stable after adjustments.

whether we use ph up or down, we are neutralizing an acidic solution. in the end a carbonate is formed from the reaction, and carbonates have a buffering action.

3 Likes