Wifi flood and drain. COB cool tube. Purple badlands from cut

Day 25

5 Likes

Day 26. Frost on deck. Res change consisted of 750ml vitalink hydromax SW bloom. And 200ml Canna PK 13/14 to 200l of water a few days ago

7 Likes

Single row cob cool tube finally complete. I actually believe this would pass any necessary checks to be stocked on UK shelves. 200w for a 2x4ft space :grin:

That is currently running low and passive. Gonna see how far it will go without needing to add a fan. I imagine full to be honest but we will soon know.

Attaching a 4 inch fan and filter will extract your smells whilst keeping your heat down. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Day 28

Figured I have 2 res changes left to do for base nutes/PK
21st March and the 4th of April.
And I ordered a litre of Shogun dragon force to go in a fresh res on the 18th of April for 7 days.
Will then go straight tap water for 2 days and harvest the 27th April.
Flood and drain is far too easy

11 Likes

Looking dam good bro, may the force be with you :grinning:

3 Likes

You should have started them a week sooner 420 :rofl::+1:

1 Like

That was the intention bro lol. That will be day 63 but we will see what 70 days does. Solely for dragon force time

2 Likes

That dragon force is expensive stuff mate. £50 for 5 litres. Wouldn’t using Epsom heavily near the end as a flushing additive not give similar results? Epsom is also sulfur no?? I’ll watch what results you get and maybe invest in some for next grow.

1 Like

No mate Epsom is magnesium. Also necessary in bloom as a catalyst to cycle your PK and the sulfur. They call it a mobile element. I paid 20 quid for a little. Its worth it :100:

1 Like

Epsom is magnesium sulfate, containing both elements.

2 Likes

Epsom salt is Magnesium sulfate mate.
Dragon force for what I’ve read is magnesium and sulfur. Obviously there is more to it then just de solved Epsom salt and every grower thread I’ve read about the stuff say its the dogs bollox so to speak. Can’t wait to see the final results. :+1:

2 Likes

So I was correct in my thinking?? Thanks for assuring me @Howard.Crane

1 Like

i like your active cooling design a lot more than HLG steves, much thinner profile, they charged $1850 for this 8 cob fixture :confused:

2 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up on the magnesium sulfate guys. Call me a bottle baby if you will. But I’ve been at this game now for a good 5 years and it is by far the best finished I’ve found. (I spend most my time tinkering with lights I shall pay more attention to what I’m feeding in future :rofl:)

@legalcanada I had never seen those until you posted just now. I agree it’s not the prettiest of the bunch is it. Looks really heavily concentrated in one spot too for COBs. Do you get hotspots? You’re more than welcome to drop me an inbox and see if I can persuade you to buy one. Naturally with a bit of discount. I’m pretty certain I could make that number look silly with shipping included :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Never seen those before either. Ugly looking thing, but should be good for lighting…a stadium :laughing: as @anon58740919 pointed out the cobs are clustered too close together.

The price did at least give me a good laugh :joy:

1 Like

yeah it was a johnson grow light fixture from a few years ago i think, before quantum boards and the big PCB craze anyways

2 Likes

Day 31
Slight bit of root rot in one pot and I mean miniscule. I noticed around 5 days ago maybe more I dunno I’m always high a couple of brown patches on leaves unlike any deficiency I’ve ran into before. So I do have some h202 on order but that won’t arrive until the 22nd ish. In the meantime I dropped my res temps from 22.4c to around the 21 mark and it pretty much stopped spreading instantly.
Smells good in there

5 Likes

Day 33 bloom. Res change day. Mixed 150ml 12% hydrogen peroxide to 450ml water. Making 600ml of 3% h202 to add to 200l water.

Then adding 800ml vitalink hydromax SW A & B

And finally 200ml Canna PK 13/14

I’ll be topping my res up every day for a week or so with 75ml 3% h202 for the next week (or until I see absolutely recovery in the roots)

PPM 1120
I’ll check pH in a few days. Let it get the swing out the way and always a day to get back up to temps too.

6 Likes

Is that a standard high concentration of h2o2? Never seen that ,the stuff I use is 30% for for about $15 for a gallons worth curious minds want to know.

2 Likes

That’s the standard highest concentration you can buy easily over here. They did do 35% quite readily until you had pop up teeth whitening businesses destroying people’s mouths

3 Likes