Wiki Battles. Yes or No? My 6 point karma rule.?

Let’s not worry too much about over arching rules. You make the rules for your own giveaways.

“This giveaway only open to Frenchmen named Jacques over 6’ tall” is fine with me.

I agree the wiki signups are chaos though.

10 Likes

An idea to do random giveaways but also giving everyone a fair shot is to have a wiki open where people add their name on a list (1 entry per person, no overwrites -capped at whatever limit the organizer decides) – and then you use a random number picker to determine the actual winners. Repeat the process to get the desired number of winners from the list.

4 Likes

I am not a fan of the wiki battles thing, but thats just my opinion.
I like the 6 green pip idea.

5 Likes

I am sure some have heard me complain about this in the past. As others have mentioned above we have seen issues with wiki sign ups before and continue to. To take this real issue and turn it into a game promoting the very thing we wish for people to stop seems counter productive to me. With so many ways to do a giveaway I just don’t see why we would want to encourage the very behavior that causes issues on sign ups and give people prizes for it.

9 Likes

I do see your point. Makes sense now. Had to think about it.

You need more than 2.000 likes to have 6 green pips, seems too high requirement for me, I would suggest just TL2 and no, I don’t like Wiki battles, may confuse the “legal” Wikis … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I definitely see that point of view, I didn’t realize that wiki editing/overwriting was a real issue in the community.

1 Like

I thought they used the metric system. Was this a trick question?

8 Likes

All of the wikis I participated in were fun, no holds barred, fun.
Who won was a random chance, no fix was in. Nor could be.
Good Luck means just that.

2 Likes

I’m by no means trying to tell people what to do. I just don’t like seeing new members first post to be on free seeds threads asking how to get free seeds.
'so much attention has been brought here by the FREE SEEDS category that raises attention. I love being able to give free seeds away. Overgrow allows me to do that. But, but if there are no restrictions on who can have seeds then this place will just be “fly and bye”

10 Likes

I totally understand your position about the fly by night seed hounds. I’m just not sure there’s just one good solution.

Full disclosure I’m a Frenchman named Jacques.

11 Likes

So it’s not just a clever user name? Tres Bien

4 Likes

What I posted may or may not be true :joy:

3 Likes

Do you live in Quebec mon pote? ejem|nullxnull

3 Likes

If you had seeds that you were wanting and willing to give away you could make your own list of members you feel personally deserve them and allow them to accept or reject the offer. When someone rejects you could replace the username with someone else who you feel is “worthy” :v:

1 Like

Tabernack mon frère (hermano tambien)

2 Likes

Merde alors … box|nullxnull

1 Like

I have given a seed, it goes in there hand, in the ground, they grow. We OVERGROW the world.
I Fear No LEO, It would be a welcome laugh. I kill em in court. So have i given seeds to seed whores, I don’t know, Have I Given Away Seeds is the more important thing to me. My most not humble position.

4 Likes

Lol. I don’t fear Leo’s either.

2 Likes

2 Likes