Wild plant, 2024

In my outdoor garden, I guess I had some seeds drop & I got another wild plant this year. Last year’s wild plant turned male. Let’s hope this one doesn’t make me sad. Lol

Do you ever have wild plants? What do you do with them? Are your wild plants better than your own stock &/or bought/acquired strains? Picture of wild plant this year.

16 Likes

I find wild plants sometimes. They can be fantastic. It is so interesting to watch them grow and change. Just like growing F2 seedlings. :grin:

2 Likes

I got a bunch last summer but they were just a few inches tall by frost.

3 Likes

Yeah, I got a few out the garage where I was using a blow dryer to blast the chaff back in November

9 Likes

There’s a few in the coldframe seed bed already.

5 Likes

Update: ( Is this how you update in a thread? Sorry if my format is fraying. ) However, 2 wild plants now, + first wild plants progress. How are your wild plants chugging along?

I belive 1st picture, New plant. 2nd picture, progress on the first one.

5 Likes

My dog likes to lay on them. It doesn’t bother me, the wife says they have to go before they start to stink. We aren’t the H.O.A.'s favorite with a restore protect in the driveway so she doesn’t want to stir the pot. I understand but I don’t like it.

4 Likes

Mine eat them, gotta keep the wolfies away

I tried to get a pic this morning, she had her paws around the one furthest to the left, but she moved when I kneeled in front of her. Would have been an awesome shot.
If she wants to eat them, that’s her prerogative. If she doesn’t they’ll be cut before they start stinking. Wouldn’t be able to smoke them anyway, the yard has been treated with some pesticides that I don’t want to take a chance on smoking.

2 Likes