William's Wonder x NL

Got a clone of William’s Wonder x NL from my neighbor who’s kept this since the mid-late 90’s! For as long as she’s been growing it’s only been this particular cut the entire time and hasn’t had any desire to grow anything else. She was unaware cannabis could be intentionally reversed to create S1 seeds. Once I explained the process and the intended outcome she gave me a clone to start the process.
So I’m growing it out myself now just to get a sense of her growth pattern before I attempt to reverse her. I figured if there’s worthwhile genetics to reverse it would certainly be these. And at the same time I’ll be helping out my neighbor with S1 seeds in case something ever happens to her cut. I’ll also have an excuse to learn a new technique and preserve some older genetics at the same time.
Getting to dig into the genetics of this old girl and see what else she’s hiding is going to be exciting and hopefully rewarding as well.

Edited to clean up grammar.

38 Likes

Anyone familiar with William’s Wonder or it being crossed with NL? I know SSSC sold WW but can’t find much more that this…

7 Likes

Williams Wonder!
A clone from the 90’s, now that’s a find!
Yeah, it was a lower producer so a WW x NL is a natural cross for sure.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Do you happen to be in San Diego or Southern California? That plant looks familiar.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. There was an old lady in fallbrook that grew Williams wonder and white rhino almost exclusively in the mid to late 2000s. That’s the only person I’ve ever heard reference that strain

5 Likes

I love this project. I love that your neighbor is a lady grower, I love the cross and that she’s kept it for so long!

Surely following this whole saga :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

A few of the older San Diego elite cuts are hiding up there in Fallbrook and Valley Center. Hawgsbreath - Williams Wonder x NL5 has made a bit of a resurgence in the past 5 years or so. Heard the bullriders still alive up there as well but have yet to see it.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Nope, Virginia!

2 Likes

Just uploaded some videos of her on IG.

2 Likes

Shut your mouth! Me too! I don’t think I knew you were in VA. Did you come say hi?

Virginia Is For Lovers

3 Likes

:joy: Did I come say hi where?

4 Likes

The thread linked, it’s in green ill post it again. After I posted I realized this is your first thread! You came in waist deep in kick ass weed tales, it felt like you’d always been here!

Also, share your IG with me :slight_smile: I need to see your neighbor!

Click here to come say hi to the locals. VA represents in OG → Virginia Is For Lovers

6 Likes

@cannafunk on IG as well

Oh I’ve lurked on the various cannabis forums since the early 2000’s but I can’t remember what my handle was back then and besides I did contribute much other than absorb the content at that time. College Daze! :grin:

4 Likes

not all Virginians hang there! :innocent:
Howdy from southwest VA

5 Likes

Look at you @avr1 ! I’m swva-ish too near Martinsville.

2 Likes

My buddy grew William’s Wonder for years. He got the cut from his brother who had it tested at 18% THC. The plants had short, squat indica structure that yielded surprisingly well for the size. I’ve got F4 seeds from AK Bean Brains that I’ll get to one of these days…

4 Likes

I’m 20 minutes away from Martinsville near Smith Mountain Lake, OP sorry for the OT chatter

2 Likes

No worries :joy:
I’m from North Central VA area! Howdy all👋

3 Likes

16 Likes